Shampoo for colored hair, not too volumizing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delia21

Reaction score
Hi all, my hair is hi lift blonde plus toned and I am searching for a good shampoo, suitable for color protection, BUT not leaving the hair too volumised/puffy. I always seem to have this issue, that my hair gets super soft and puffy after washing, esp. with certain shampoos. Or maybe I am doing smth wrong? (I blow dry it, but not with head down). I am currently using the sulphate free one from Alfaparf and having the same issue. Since I have the color brilliance mask from Wella, does anyone know anything about the same line shampoo? Any product reccomendation highly appreciated!

Hi all, my hair is hi lift blonde plus toned and I am searching for a good shampoo, suitable for color protection, BUT not leaving the hair too volumised/puffy. I always seem to have this issue, that my hair gets super soft and puffy after washing, esp. with certain shampoos. Or maybe I am doing smth wrong? (I blow dry it, but not with head down). I am currently using the sulphate free one from Alfaparf and having the same issue. Since I have the color brilliance mask from Wella, does anyone know anything about the same line shampoo? Any product reccomendation highly appreciated!
How would you describe your hair? Fine /normal /course? Wella brilliance is 😂 vely stuff but you have to make sure you get the right one. Also the oil reflections is a lovely product line.

Thank you, Ronray! Hair is normal/coarse and always has had the tendency to get super puffy with washing. Scalp rather oily, ends dry.

I always have the same problem with my hair and I’ve used L’Oréal professional serie expert for years. They’ve changed the range recently so my fave has been discontinued 😡 but I’d recommend the absolute repair or vitamino colour.
For a great cheepy I quite like L’Oréal elvive dream lengths conditioner.
other than that bumble and bumble is really good and their styling products are definitely worth the extra £
Also alterna shampoo is my absolute fave and is amazing but it’s quite expensive 🙁 but does last for ages.

Have a look into Color Wow products. Color security shampoo and conditioner are really good and sulfate free.

Thank you, Ronray! Hair is normal/coarse and always has had the tendency to get super puffy with washing. Scalp rather oily, ends dry.
Have you ever considered a keratin blowdry?

Wow..not really, tbh! Doesn't it *somewhat* damage hair?
You'd think so because of the added heat, but it doesn't. It's a conditioning treatment. It fills the hair surface and replenishes the condition. And it doesn't change the molecular structure of the hair. A Brazilian blowdry is different as the chemicals used a different.

You'd think so because of the added heat, but it doesn't. It's a conditioning treatment. It fills the hair surface and replenishes the condition. And it doesn't change the molecular structure of the hair. A Brazilian blowdry is different as the chemicals used a different.
Did not know that! thank you , will have to look into it!

Latest posts

Back