Shampoo for greasy hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Hello,I've just popped over from the nails forums to pick your brains if I may....??

I have dark brown,bobbed, virgin hair and was wondering if somebody might recommend a good shampoo I could pick up when I pop to Capital next.My hair gets very greasy.It is lovely and silky after washing,but by next morning it is yuk! I have just been using a herbal essences shampoo for oily hair for last year or so.I wash my hair every other day & use a dry shampoo in between if needed,I use luke warm water,try not to massage too much,rinse very well and only apply a tiny amount of conditioner to the very ends and again,rinse very well,I wrap hair in towel...but again don't rub,rough dry with cool dryer,then run the straightener through at 190 deg,then apply a tiny bit of serum for anti frizz to mid lengths & ends.

Some Shampoo's I have tried leave my hair feeling greasy and I can feel it as I run my fingers though it whilst blow drying!!

Really appreciate any advice,thank you in advance!! Xx

Hi a shampoo with lemon in is good for oily scalp/ hair. Also a mint shampoo can be used for normal to slightly oily

Herbal essence is horrendous, any pro shampoo will do you a better job than that, not many people have truly oliy hair, what you are using will be building up in your hair :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello. Im a hairdresser i have lots of clients who suffer with greasy hair. I advise to swap your shampoo and conditioner to 'silicone free'
Silicone is a product which coats every hair strand in a heavy greasy product for a temporary effect of smooth sleek hair. Eventually after using over the counter products for a long time you get a build up which means any additional product you use (conditioning treatments, hot oils, heat protector sprays ect...) will not penetrate the hair and will just sit on the surface because your hair will be full of silicone blocking it. I try my hardest to retail my clients silicone free or low silicone products. My greasy hair suffering clients have found swapping there heavy silicone based products to a silicone free shampoo and conditioner have got at least 3 days of clean hair. Its worth a try! Your hairdresser should have one as part of their brand.
Good luck x

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

I find loreal sensi balance brilliant for oily greasy hair.or you can give redken oil detox a go but it's quite harsh on the hair

Goldwell sensitive foam shampoo- very gentle - sensitive shampoo will help to balance scalp

What you will find as well is washing your hair every other day it will get greasy quickly. Try to leave your hair as long as you can stand when you can, that should help a little as well along with the advice you've been given about shampoo.

Latest posts

Back