Shape filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrio

Reaction score
Hello geeks! I have some trouble with shape filing on natural nails.. When they are a bit long and they want ballerina, tapered square, maybe almond or oval... How do tou file it? I think it takes a bit from underneath and I dont knkw why, it seems like it ripped.. I use 240 grit and go gently but still same result when it need to be filed a lot.. I dont have a problem with artificial nails, as you have a bit of a protective layer from the base..

Hi, Could you be referring to the very flimsy ragged bits that appear from the underside of the nail after filing ?
If so it's just the underlayer of nail ( as you know the nail is many layers of flat cells ) That's normal and I use a glass nail file to finish my filing to completely remove all the debris from the nail. Also just file the underside of the nals to slightly taper the free edge . That may help you out. Very lightly though as you are only removing the ragged bits.
Hope that helps
R

Latest posts

Back