Share of retail products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireEharris

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all, I would like to ask a question...
I’ve started working within a salon on a self employed basis,the salon owner has asked me to bring in any retail products as he would like to go halves with me & in turn half the profit. My question is am I obliged to have him go halves in this way as tbh there wouldn’t be that great a profit in it? We have absolutely nothing in the form of contracts etc?
I don’t want to sound selfish but on the other hand I do have to look out for my best interests?
Would really appreciate any feedback from you please.
Many thanks x

Sounds like blurry employment lines to me.

You're self-employed so he is just your landlord. Your business, your hours, you take your own money, your own insurance and you can retail your own products and take all the money.

Get a very clear-cut contract ASAP!

Sounds like blurry employment lines to me.

You're self-employed so he is just your landlord. Your business, your hours, you take your own money, your own insurance and you can retail your own products and take all the money.

Get a very clear-cut contract ASAP!

Thank you so much, I thought as such.
I really want everything outlined in the form of a contract but if I’m perfectly honest I think I have more chance becoming the next Queen!! When I first went to ask if I could rent space from him, I asked about his current process for GDPR to which he looked at me with a blank expression, to cut a long story they have no form of GDPR in place in fact not sure they even have record cards!
I do obviously and keep my own cards, locked within a cabinet @ my house. I think I should be listening to my gut as in get out of there but as it’s my first self employed position wanted to give it a real go & see if I can build on it, the customers I’ve had so far are all re booking & loving my service & professionalism so it’s a hard one.
Thank you so much though for clarifying it’s been a real help x

Latest posts

Back