Share your budget healthy recipes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Well I'm trying to be really healthy at the moment and also trying to use up the food that we have at home (I'm constantly throwing food away...its a terrible habit)

So today these are the ingredients I had
Beetroot
carrots
sweet potatoes
onion
coriander
garlic
chilli

I had no idea what to make and have been googling recipes to find something...I couldn't find anything that suited the ingredients that I had already, so this is what I came up with.

Beetroot and Carrot Salad
Sliced beetroot into even sized pieces and grated a carrot and mixed together with half a finely chopped onion.
For the dressing I mixed together Red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and mustard.

I also made sweet potato patties.
Boiled sweet potatoes, waited for them to cool down then mashed, added half a chopped onion, coriander, a Birds eye chilli,garlic, gara masala, salt and pepper. Mixed it all together and then separated into even shaped patties (if you've got long nails you may want to wear rubber gloves for this part as it gets a bit icky). Coated in plain flour, popped them on an oven dish covered in parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil.
Then popped them in the oven for about 50mins.

It made a really lovely, healthy meal.

Please share your recipes x

Latest posts

Back