Share your low calorie snack ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Hi All

At the moment I am cutting down on carbs and concentrating more on protein and veg. Sometimes if Im feeling a little hungry I will get a slice of ham and in the centre put some low cal egg mayo and roll it up or a slice of ham or chicken and add som low cal coleslaw and again roll it up and its really lovely. Just like a sandwich, without the bread and a lot less calories too!! All ideas welcome.

Hahaha... I'm not joking now... I am eating rolled up ham with coleslaw in the middle as I read this post! :lol:

Crab sticks are a great source of protein and only arond 15 cals per stick!! Yum yum!! :wink2:

Ham with cream cheese rolled up is DELISH! Mozarella cheese sticks are good, too. :)

Fry loads of tomatoes in a tiny bit of olive oil and garlic then add a little tumeric and cayenne pepper. Very satisfying in the evening without all the calories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eggs!! Poached, boiled, scrambled, a great filling protein packed snack and yummy :)

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I buy the shredded Ham hock from Waitrose and mix it with their mustard mayo. It's beautiful! I make something bigger out of it by adding chunks of cooked chargrilled chicken and some spinache.

How about a soft (but not too soft!) boiled egg, chopped up with salt and pepper and some mayo?

I just saw that you use low cal mayo. This usually has more carbs in than the regular stuff, much like other low cal versions of food.

Pickled onions, pickled beetroot, pickled gherkins, lol oh and u might need some gaviscon to hand, nice to munch on tho, celery with light dairylea down the middle, salsa n Melba toast, salsa is really low Cals, 10 cal soup, extra light laughing cows r really low cal too but the toast to put it on bumps it up a bit xx

Try a bowl of steamed sugar snap peas tossed in soy sauce. Yum.

Also if you like dips then try philadelphia light mixed with fat free fromage frais and sprinkle in some chives. You can cut up carrots or apple and dip in. Very nice too.

Try cooking some mushrooms and toss in a tiny bit of heated olive oil and garlic and add chili if you like.

Another one is chop up and cook some tomatoes and then blend into a lovely cup of tomato soap for those colder evenings.

I know it's probably stating the obvious but home made vegetable soup (no potatoes!) theres loads of recipes online, good with some curry powder! good in the winter! x

Won't be to everyone's taste but I love cucumber slices with cottage cheese!!

Also carrot sticks and hummus x

A large Bloody Mary with a celery swizzle stick! MMMMMMMMMMMM cheers.

A large Bloody Mary with a celery swizzle stick! MMMMMMMMMMMM cheers.

LOL

Flavoured rice cakes are good to snack on, even if they do taste a bit like polystyrene.

How about smoked salmon with stuff inside all rolled up? I do this at Xmas when mum buys a massive blob of it for breakfast mmmm.

I made a protein meal the other week with chicken and veg and then mixed in BBQ sauce YUM! (although it slightly tasted like sweet and sour chicken lol) x

Celery sticks with xtra light laughing cow cheese spread down the middle mmmmm x

Sachet of sugar free jelly crystals, make up with 1/4 pint boiling water and 3/4 pint diet lemonade!! Decant into lock and lock little tubs and eat as many as you like!! Their free on weight watchers :) hehe

Sachet of sugar free jelly crystals, make up with 1/4 pint boiling water and 3/4 pint diet lemonade!! Decant into lock and lock little tubs and eat as many as you like!! Their free on weight watchers :) hehe

Mmmmmm I like the sound of these!! Xx

How about smoked salmon with stuff inside all rolled up? I do this at Xmas when mum buys a massive blob of it for breakfast mmmm.

I made a protein meal the other week with chicken and veg and then mixed in BBQ sauce YUM! (although it slightly tasted like sweet and sour chicken lol) x

Never thought of using BBQ sauce, but will now. Thanks for that. Keep them coming.

Latest posts

Back