Share your weight-loss story!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

I have just gotten back on the health/gym wagon and thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can share our stories. Whether it's a new start, restarting or you just need to vent about a fall off the wagon, this is the thread :)

Here's my story:

I'm 26yrs old and i have always struggled with being over weight. About 5yrs ago a broke up with my then boyfriend and hit the gym with my mom. I lost 4 stone and never felt so good, i had never been that fit or that "small" in my life. I met my current boyfriend during that time, he's a computer nerd and never exercised so after a few months i just fell off the gym wagon and started gaining weight back.

4yrs later, i am now the heaviest i have ever been in my whole life at 17.5 stone. When i stepped on the scale the other day, i almost cried! Then and there i put my foot down and joined the Jillian Micheal's site. Today is the first day of my new meal plan and fitness plan, i'm so excited! i have 5 stone to lose to be at my goal weight. It won't be easy but i am very happy i have taken this step forward and if i keep on track by March 1st 2015 i will be at my goal weight, and this time i intend to stay at it! It does help that my boyfriend (who also needs to shed a few pounds) is doing it with me :)

What are your stories??

Last edited:
Hi fellow geeks,

I have just gotten back on the health/gym wagon and thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can share our stories. Whether it's a new start, restarting or you just need to vent about a fall of the wagon, this is the thread :)

Here's my story:

I'm 26yrs old and i have always struggled with being over weight. About 5yrs ago a broke up with my then boyfriend and hit the gym with my mom. I lost 4 stone and never felt so good, i had never been the fit or that "small" in my life. I met my current boyfriend during that time, he's a computer nerd and never exercised so after a few months i just fell of the gym wagon and started gaining weight back.

4yrs later, i am now the heaviest i have ever been in my whole life at 17.5 stone. When i stepped on the scale the other day, i almost cried! Then and there i put my foot down and joined the Jillian Micheal's site. Today is the first day of my new meal plan and fitness plan, i'm so excited! i have 5 stone to lose to be at my goal weight. It won't be easy but i am very happy i have taken this step forward and if i keep on track by March 1st 2015 i will be at my goal weight and this time i intend to stay at it! It does help that my boyfriend (who also needs to shed a few pounds) is doing it with me :)

What are your stories??

Well done Jen! Hope it goes well for you.

My journey always starts, but there's rarely a middle and never an ending! :irked:
I was always in and around the same weight until I reached the beginning of menopause at age 42. At 49 I've went from a UK 12 to a 14 and sometimes a 16 in some things but only a couple of things. It's a battle and one I'm getting fed up with! :irked:

I'm afraid you won't get any weight loss stories from me. I have plenty of weight "gain" stories if you're interested. :eek:

Excited to reply to this when I get on my laptop! I'm mid-progress & it's more of a muscle gain than a weight loss! Good thread

ETA:

Ok here's my story!

I'm 5'1'', 7.5-8 stone. What made me want to get into fitness/nutrition was wanting abs! I haven't seen my abs in my entire life & I've always had a little bit of a belly.

I was doing some long hours last week at work so I've fallen off the wagon a bit but I'm back on it today. I worked out my macros using www.iifym.com & made a food plan accordingly; it sounds complicated but all I did was write down all of the things I eat regularly & the nutritional information in a graph type thing, then I could see what I could fit into my diet. Going by my height, weight, amount of exercise & rate at which I want to lose weight I need 115.8g of carbs per day, 105g protein, 42g fat, 21-26g fibre & 1261kcals; all of this is split into 4 meals as follows:

Meal 1: Omelette consisting of 2 eggs, 1 slice of ham, handful of cherry tomatoes & a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil

Meal 2: Chicken breast with broccoli

Meal 3: Chicken breast with sweet potato & spinach

Meal 4: Brown pasta with Dolmio 'light' stir in

2 protein shakes throughout the day, one post workout & the other whenever I want.

All of this amounts to 105g carbs, 124g protein, 42.1g fat, 16.1g fibre & 1325kcals so it's almost bang on! So happy to be back at it & I'm looking forward to getting back my newbie gains in a week or so!

Last edited:
I'm afraid you won't get any weight loss stories from me. I have plenty of weight "gain" stories if you're interested. :eek:

:p love it MM! I have plenty of wight gain stories too but now just fed up and FINALLY doing something about it

Well done Jen! Hope it goes well for you.

My journey always starts, but there's rarely a middle and never an ending! :irked:
I was always in and around the same weight until I reached the beginning of menopause at age 42. At 49 I've went from a UK 12 to a 14 and sometimes a 16 in some things but only a couple of things. It's a battle and one I'm getting fed up with! :irked:

It's never easy, is it tonicj? UK sizes never make you feel good though, i wanted to order some tunics from Buttercups uniforms (i'm in canada btw so a dress size 16) and i was a size 22!!! oh that feeling, will never forget that :p

DAY 1 and already being tempted....by my mother in law lol. Asked us over for supper and they are ordering pizza :( had to say no as it's my first day and really don't want to lose track already

I dieted for 3 months didnt lose a pound though screw it and started pigging out on McDonald's and lost 2 stone really quickly no idea how that works!:confused:

<3 Stephanie <3

I dieted for 3 months didnt lose a pound though screw it and started pigging out on McDonald's and lost 2 stone really quickly no idea how that works!:confused:

<3 Stephanie <3

I wish I could do that lol. Awesome though!

I wish I could do that lol. Awesome though!

Ha yeah I wasnt complaining havnt put the weight back on so I recommend the McDonald's diet ;)

<3 Stephanie <3

When I hit 13 I ballooned to 13st 7lb and stayed that weight until I was 18 when I saw a picture of me after a night out and went to Weight Watchers and was 16st! I got down to 14st and then got bored but maintained this weight.

Then at about 20 I was up to 16st again. I then met my boyfriend and continued piling on the pounds; hit 18st and tried Weight Watchers again but couldn't stick to it as my Mum had breast cancer. Then tried Slimming World and lost 7lbs then gave up and put it all back on and more. Then finally in July 2012 (age 22) I joined Weight Watchers at 19st 6lb and reached my goal weight last week (11st 11lb)

Although I seem to have a lot of issues with food and I am terrified of putting on weight again.

Well done girls..... ive always struggled with my weight...... at my heaviest I have been 23stone...... so far I have lost 6 stone and I have been hitting the diet hard the past couple of weeks as put on a few pounds due to an operation. Has anybody got any before n after pics of their weight loss?? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had never really struggled with my weight (I was a classic case of thinking I was fat but looking back now I wish I hadn't worried because now I actually am! &#128553; ).

But when I moved in with my boyfriend (now husband) I put on some serious relationship weight and went from 10st to 12st. Then found out I was pregnant shortly after where I put on another 1st! After my first was born I was size 16 and felt horrible. So I did weight watchers and got back down to 10st and a size 10. That was 2 years ago and I've slowly put on another stone in that time. I've now found out I'm pregnant and and I'm absolutely petrified of ballooning again! Xx

Thanks for sharing your stories so far :) weight is a terrible yo yo,isn't it? :(

I gave in to two slices of vegetarian pizza (after checking what kind I could eat with my plan) BUT I biked all the way to my mother in laws house. I'm very proud of this as my boyfriend and I gifted each other with bikes this year. I hit my top speed of 22mph tonight, I'm very pleased with that as I could barely do 15mph slow pace three weeks ago.

Heres a great quote I found today "remove the word can't from your vocabulary and replace it with can"

When I hit 13 I ballooned to 13st 7lb and stayed that weight until I was 18 when I saw a picture of me after a night out and went to Weight Watchers and was 16st! I got down to 14st and then got bored but maintained this weight.

Then at about 20 I was up to 16st again. I then met my boyfriend and continued piling on the pounds; hit 18st and tried Weight Watchers again but couldn't stick to it as my Mum had breast cancer. Then tried Slimming World and lost 7lbs then gave up and put it all back on and more. Then finally in July 2012 (age 22) I joined Weight Watchers at 19st 6lb and reached my goal weight last week (11st 11lb)

Although I seem to have a lot of issues with food and I am terrified of putting on weight again.

Its funny, I have a few friends who did weight watchers and they are almost terrified to eat now. Your definitely not alone

Hi guys! I'm an average weight but should be about 20lbs lighter. I love being active and eating healthy but can't seem to see any Change or results!! I feel awesome after working out an having good meals and drinking water but never see a difference. Idk what to do anymore I would really like to be in better shape. Should I consider a diet plan? Detox tea? Intense workouts? What should I do?? Any suggestions?? Maybe I'm not being as consistent as I should be. What do you think??

Btw thanks for posting this topic :)

Hi guys! I'm an average weight but should be about 20lbs lighter. I love being active and eating healthy but can't seem to see any Change or results!! I feel awesome after working out an having good meals and drinking water but never see a difference. Idk what to do anymore I would really like to be in better shape. Should I consider a diet plan? Detox tea? Intense workouts? What should I do?? Any suggestions?? Maybe I'm not being as consistent as I should be. What do you think??

Btw thanks for posting this topic :)

In order to lose weight you have to be at a calorie deficit, meaning you take in a certain amount per day and burn,through working out, a certain per day. Have you looked into online plans to help you make a balanced meal plan? What are you typically eating now and the portion size? You could be eating healthy but its still possible to overeat. Exercise, what are you doing for that? I find free weights best for toning and losing weight. You can do all the cardio you like but the weights are what will keep your metabolism burning for up to three days after, this is the key :)

Ok here's my story!

I'm 5'1'', 7.5-8 stone. What made me want to get into fitness/nutrition was wanting abs! I haven't seen my abs in my entire life & I've always had a little bit of a belly.

I was doing some long hours last week at work so I've fallen off the wagon a bit but I'm back on it today. I worked out my macros using www.iifym.com & made a food plan accordingly; it sounds complicated but all I did was write down all of the things I eat regularly & the nutritional information in a graph type thing, then I could see what I could fit into my diet. Going by my height, weight, amount of exercise & rate at which I want to lose weight I need 115.8g of carbs per day, 105g protein, 42g fat, 21-26g fibre & 1261kcals; all of this is split into 4 meals as follows:

Meal 1: Omelette consisting of 2 eggs, 1 slice of ham, handful of cherry tomatoes & a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil

Meal 2: Chicken breast with broccoli

Meal 3: Chicken breast with sweet potato & spinach

Meal 4: Brown pasta with Dolmio 'light' stir in

2 protein shakes throughout the day, one post workout & the other whenever I want.

All of this amounts to 105g carbs, 124g protein, 42.1g fat, 16.1g fibre & 1325kcals so it's almost bang on! So happy to be back at it & I'm looking forward to getting back my newbie gains in a week or so!

Its funny, I have a few friends who did weight watchers and they are almost terrified to eat now. Your definitely not alone

It's like I've gone from one extreme to the next; well hopefully not.

I've always yo yo dieted but only a stone or so. 3 years ago I finally reached a point where I was really happy with how I looked and achieved it following slimming world and going to the gym. I was in the gym every morning at 6.30 before work and loved it. I had to be so disciplined to maintain my weight but didn't mind. Then I fell pregnant and for once in my life I didn't feel the need to be disciplined. I craved carbs which I rarely ate, I felt to tired and nauseous to work out so ended up pigging out for the entire 9 months. I got huge - stopped weighing myself at 8 months pregnant when I hit the 5 stone gain mark. I think it was probably more like 6 stone. So I had Ruby and was horrified by my size. At my 6 week check the dr told me in no uncertain terms I had to lose weight and I rejoined slimming world that week. That was 5th July 2012. I hit target yesterday having lost 4 stone. I remember my first girls night out and being desperate to wear something that wasn't maternity so bought myself a pair of skinny jeans. I struggled and huffed & puffed my way into a size 18 refusing to buy a 20 but should have done. I love that I can now just pick stuff up in a 14 & it will fit. Here is my before & after pics that I put on our sw facebook site yesterday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403123203118.jpg
    1403123203118.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 120

Latest posts

Back