Sharing a beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowpeep

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Really hoping you can help me.
I’m moving salon as a self employed makeup artist and brow and lash stylist. 2 days were agreed for me to work and I made it very clear that whilst I am a makeup artist my bread and butter are brows and lashes so obviously would need a room to do this in. It’s now coming to moving day and seems that the days we agreed for me to be in, one girl is in room 1 when she wasn’t working my days before and Room 2 will have another girl in it as well, meaning I’d almost have to check with these girls to make sure I can use one of the rooms freely? Am I right in saying that when renting a room you should have access to it all day when you’re in? In my previous salon I had the room to myself both days. Also the appropriate chairs provided for the makeup bar haven’t even been ordered so I feel like I’m moving into a salon without the proper necessities? Can someone please help? I’ve never heard of having 3 people in the same days when there’s only 2 rooms? Thanks

This doesn't sound like a good start to me.

If you're paying rent, you're paying for exclusive access for the agreed day. 3 people with 2 rooms are never going to work.

Regarding furniture, I'm not sure it's their responsibility to have the right stuff. Of course, it could be negotiated.

No this is what I thought too. Today was my first day and there was a bit of mixing about for the other girl who use the room she was in my room doing apps then in the next room doing one and it just felt frustrating. With the makeup chair this is part of her furniture and decor at her makeup bar so up to her the chairs she buys but they do need to be acceptable for clients to sit on. Still no chairs yet.

Latest posts

Back