Sharing clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessi-66

Reaction score
I have recently started renting a room in a salon doing microblading and I also do lash lifts. I pay room rental and the business owner was happy with the services I offer.
2 weeks in and I have 6 lash lifts booked.
These clients are all clients of the salon that also does lash lifting. None of the clients booked with me have had lash lifting before.
The girls at the salon are not happy and say I am stealing their clients... yes they are clients of the salon but not lash lift clients!
I have been asked not to do anymore lash lifts on their clients.
Can I have people take on this.
To my mind I have got existing clients to have a new service which they weren’t having before and if I’m not there they will book in with salon technicians, who currently do their nails etc.
It’s 6 people and I’m not worried about losing them it’s just the fact that I have to tell them I can’t do them again... I have now given 6 new clients to the salon.
Hope this makes sense!!

You rent a room so are self employed and completely independent of the salon.
Any clients that book with you (regardless of service) become YOUR CLIENTS.

Do not tell YOUR clients that you can’t re-book them. That would look unprofessional and is totally unnecessary.

Tell the (childish) salon staff to take a hike.

Thanks for your response! It is all a bit silly.

If the salon owner is happy that you as a self employed therapist also offer services the salon does this is going to happen! The other therapists should be recommending and booking their own clients. At the end of it clients can choose where and who they book with!

Thanks for your responses.... I have now been asked not to do anything other than microblading.
So the goal posts have been moved. I can’t even do my own friends if they want to pop in for a lash tint or wax!
I really only want to microblade but other treatments were meant to pas out my time. Sadly I now can’t do that.
[emoji30]

I'd find somewhere new. They can't dictate what your business offers.

Report them to HMRC as they’re trying to treat you as employed and dictate how you run your independent business. In the meantime, find somewhere else to rent.

This is so silly! If the salon owner knew you would be offering this then as mentioned above there will be a cross over, and this can work in both favours.

Sounds to me the silly girls are walking over the salon owner and she needs to grow some cahoonas!

Are you under contract? X

Latest posts

Back