Shaving between waxing appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
I haven't been waxing long and a client who has been with me from the beginning has asked me if it is detrimental to shave between waxing sessions. She tends to make appointments when all her body hair is fully grown if you know what I mean. I wanted to suggest she wax at shorter intervals but didn't want to seem money grabbing and said I'd get back to her on the question of shaving between appointments. I can't remember covering this particular query on my course and I wondered if anyone could explain the consequences to me. I would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Siana

I haven't been waxing long and a client who has been with me from the beginning has asked me if it is detrimental to shave between waxing sessions. She tends to make appointments when all her body hair is fully grown if you know what I mean. I wanted to suggest she wax at shorter intervals but didn't want to seem money grabbing and said I'd get back to her on the question of shaving between appointments. I can't remember covering this particular query on my course and I wondered if anyone could explain the consequences to me. I would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Siana
I would never recommend that a client shave in between waxing,this is because it breaks the whole waxing cycle,so you have waxed your client,it takes approximately 2-3 waxes before the growth is properly removed and at approx the same stage of growth,if you then shave the hairs you will be back to square one and have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

It is important to explain to the client how often she needs to come in in order to carry out a thorough wax,it dosn't mean you are money grabbing,it's in the best interest of your client,after several waxes she should need to come in less and less(regrowth should be minimal)if she starts shaving she would actually end up spending out more.

It is hard in the summer months for clients to wait for the hair to grow long enough to wax and I would say the underarm are the hardest to leave alone for most,but oh how much nicer that wax feels compared to the razor.HTH:green:

I would explain that if they get waxed every 3-4 weeks, they'll find that they'll need to get waxed less and less as time goes on, whereas shaving is an ongoing thing. xxx

I would never recommend that a client shave in between waxing,this is because it breaks the whole waxing cycle,so you have waxed your client,it takes approximately 2-3 waxes before the growth is properly removed and at approx the same stage of growth,if you then shave the hairs you will be back to square one and have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

It is important to explain to the client how often she needs to come in in order to carry out a thorough wax,it dosn't mean you are money grabbing,it's in the best interest of your client,after several waxes she should need to come in less and less(regrowth should be minimal)if she starts shaving she would actually end up spending out more.

It is hard in the summer months for clients to wait for the hair to grow long enough to wax and I would say the underarm are the hardest to leave alone for most,but oh how much nicer that wax feels compared to the razor.HTH:green:
Ive had several clients in the past do this,that is have waxing,and then for some reason shave:eek::mad:

I find it so annoying....and have to compose myself,before telling them the pitfalls in shaving between waxing:rolleyes:

And why oh why does one have waxing as a "one off" before holiday,just so that that they dont have to shave:mad::eek::irked::eek:

Sorry,had to get that off my chest:green:

You know - I had to shave my underarms the other day cause I needed them doing before my qualified friend (cause underarms is one area I cannot wax myself) could come over. All I can say is :eek: o my god! How on earth do people put up with shaving them all the time - my underarms were sore for days and sooooo itchy!

Give me back my underarm wax any time!

Ive had several clients in the past do this,that is have waxing,and then for some reason shave:eek::mad:

I find it so annoying....and have to compose myself,before telling them the pitfalls in shaving between waxing:rolleyes:
I'm one of those people :o I just can't stand the regrowth, I've tried waxing in the winter in preparation for the summer but then we'd end up going out and I'd feel the need to be hair free, even if it were a couple of days before my waxing appointment.

And why oh why does one have waxing as a "one off" before holiday,just so that that they dont have to shave:mad::eek::irked::eek:

Sorry,had to get that off my chest:green:
LOL Gabi, call it "holiday laziness" :lol:

I would explain that if they get waxed every 3-4 weeks, they'll find that they'll need to get waxed less and less as time goes on, whereas shaving is an ongoing thing. xxx

doesn't the hair also grown in ...finer than as when you shave it comes in courser?

Just like on a male: when they first start shaving , the hair is very baby fine and as they shave more , the hair becomes thicker and courser.:confused:

doesn't the hair also grown in ...finer than as when you shave it comes in courser?

Just like on a male: when they first start shaving , the hair is very baby fine and as they shave more , the hair becomes thicker and courser.:confused:

With regards to shaving making the hair grow in thicker and coarser, I'm afraid that's an old wives' tale (albeit a popular one!) :D The only things that will change the texture of hair in this manner are hormones, which are not affected by shaving, and certain medication.

Male teenage facial hair may seem to grow back coarser over time, but this is because the hair is naturally changing due to the onset of puberty and is not related to the use of the razor itself.

On adults, shaved hair will appear thicker and coarser when it grows back because the hair has been cut and therefore has a blunt end, compared with the fine tapered tip of a new hair (which is what you get when you remove hair by the root, e.g. with waxing, sugaring or tweezing).

Andy x

Latest posts

Back