Shaving less than 24 hrs before a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi
I have my spray tan training tomorrow and I forgot that I the guidance said to do it at least 24 hours before having a spray tan.
Will it really matter if I shave tonight? Obviously less than 24 hours?

I have plenty of clients that shave just before I get there even though they're told not to and they say its fine! So tonight will be ok for tomorrow surely xx

Def be fine that's what I did when I did my training good luck xxx

Hi
I have my spray tan training tomorrow and I forgot that I the guidance said to do it at least 24 hours before having a spray tan.
Will it really matter if I shave tonight? Obviously less than 24 hours?

The main reason 24 hours prior is recommended is to reduce any possible chance of irritation to the skin, to ensure there is no residue from shaving products (shaving creams, soaps, razors with moisturing strips etc) and to help reduce any "dotting" on the shaved area where the DHA will tend to grab.

Is probably better to shave after the tan has been washed off and use hair conditioner to shave with as this (a) softens the hair and (b) creates a barrier between the skin and the razor.

HTH

Latest posts

Back