She brought her own "Shellac" to her appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8nailz

Reaction score
I get excited when a new Shellac client is on my book so when I walked out of the nail spa to meet my new Shellac client this afternoon, it was no different. As we walked into the nail spa, she told me she had never had Shellac. While we stood at the Shellac polish display and I explained all I could do color and art-wise with the product etc., she never stopped digging in her bag. Finally she says she brought her own Shellac. Really? That's pretty much like bringing your own water to the lake. To each her own, I guess. So she hands me the bottle...........and it begins.

Me: I'm sorry. This isn't Shellac.
Her: Yes, it is. I bought it at a nail supply store.
Me: You may have, but I know for a fact that CND doesn't make a glitter blue polish.
Her: Actually they do. It's their new fall line. They told me at the store. I'm sure they'd know better than you. You're just a nail tech.
Me: Look at your bottle then look at our bottles. They don't look remotely the same.
Her: Duh! They told me at the store you'd say that. They changed the bottles with the new colors. Seriously? How stupid are you people?
Me: (Handing her the new CND Shellac brochure) After you look through this and take a closer look at your polish bottle, I think you'll find which of us is stupid. See, there is no color like yours in this brochure and it clearly states it includes their new latest releases. And if you look at your bottle and then at ours, I think you'll notice there is no "K" in Shellac.

She left. I didn't care.

Well, she WAS rude! But, keep in mind... someone else bamboozled her before she got to your door, so she was already 'armed' and ready to argue.

Disgusting what some stores will do....
I would have tried to find out from where she purchased it, then reported their A**es for fraud or whatever, to CND.

The cheek of some folks, though, bringing their own?
Do they expect the services to be cheaper or something?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I literally just laughed out loud. I would've done/said the exact same thing.

Some people have some really big balls to lie to the public like that.

Well, she WAS rude! But, keep in mind... someone else bamboozled her before she got to your door, so she was already 'armed' and ready to argue.

Disgusting what some stores will do....
I would have tried to find out from where she purchased it, then reported their A**es for fraud or whatever, to CND.

The cheek of some folks, though, bringing their own?
Do they expect the services to be cheaper or something?

She was receiving a 25% discount for trying a new service but brought her own SHELLACK because she liked the color when she was at the nail supply store. She was not a nail profeesional, I managed to get that much out of her.

What a dumb ass.

I get excited when a new Shellac client is on my book so when I walked out of the nail spa to meet my new Shellac client this afternoon, it was no different. As we walked into the nail spa, she told me she had never had Shellac. While we stood at the Shellac polish display and I explained all I could do color and art-wise with the product etc., she never stopped digging in her bag. Finally she says she brought her own Shellac. Really? That's pretty much like bringing your own water to the lake. To each her own, I guess. So she hands me the bottle...........and it begins.

Me: I'm sorry. This isn't Shellac.
Her: Yes, it is. I bought it at a nail supply store.
Me: You may have, but I know for a fact that CND doesn't make a glitter blue polish.
Her: Actually they do. It's their new fall line. They told me at the store. I'm sure they'd know better than you. You're just a nail tech.
Me: Look at your bottle then look at our bottles. They don't look remotely the same.
Her: Duh! They told me at the store you'd say that. They changed the bottles with the new colors. Seriously? How stupid are you people?
Me: (Handing her the new CND Shellac brochure) After you look through this and take a closer look at your polish bottle, I think you'll find which of us is stupid. See, there is no color like yours in this brochure and it clearly states it includes their new latest releases. And if you look at your bottle and then at ours, I think you'll notice there is no "K" in Shellac.

She left. I didn't care.

Oh lord. Some people really are the limit! Would have loved to have been a fly on the salon wall and seen her face when you produced your catalogue and if you'll pardon the expression "p1ssed all over her strawberries" lol

I hate when clients bring their own polish to a nail appt. Had one the other day, stupid woman assumed that i would do her pedicure less £5 because she provided her own (cheap and nasty) nail polish. Then another one on Thursday asking me how much i would charge her to apply some minx she bought from ebay, i gave her my usual price which is £20 and she assumed that meant a total for fingers and toes!! I told them both - politely of course - that i only like to use products that i have purchased as my insurance won't cover it. I didn't care that i lost business, i don't want other clients seeing me accepting or using clients own inferior products, they will think they're the norm! X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Oh my word - some people...

The supplier have covered their ass by calling is SHELLACK but even so! Surely they cannot continue to sell similar products in an attempt to pass it off as the real deal!

We don't do nail extensions at my salon and on the very rare occassions when I have had them on elsewhere, I always take my own polish with me :o
They do knock about £3 off which I was surprised at as I would have happily paid the extra.
I do take OPI with me though so it's not a cheap and nasty polish :D

Oh.My.Gawd.!

Did she actually go in to a supplier and purchase her 'Shellac(k)' They should be slapped on the hand for many reasons!

I told my mom about the K added on to the end and she thought it was hilarious. Infact I gave her a dramatic reading of the entire conversation. We had a good giggle.

I told my mom about the K added on to the end and she thought it was hilarious. Infact I gave her a dramatic reading of the entire conversation. We had a good giggle.

Did you do accents? I bet you did accents :D

I did my "southern states" accent lol

Lmao. Being a southern girl I bet that woulda been funny to hear ur attempt at imitating lol "yoo wheel see wheich won uhv uhs eis stoopeid" haha :p

We don't do nail extensions at my salon and on the very rare occassions when I have had them on elsewhere, I always take my own polish with me :o
They do knock about £3 off which I was surprised at as I would have happily paid the extra.
I do take OPI with me though so it's not a cheap and nasty polish :D

I'm talking Constance Carroll type varnish, the kind they have on those dodgy little knock off stands at the markets lol
It offended me more than anything really that she would have rahther used that when i have a rack full of lovely Sparitual nail lacquers. Its just not on!!! Lol

Omg you wouldnt go to a hair salon and take your own dye with you????
How rude!! Just goes to show how a lack of training and knowledge these people have in shops to be advising clients.
Xx

Lmao. Being a southern girl I bet that woulda been funny to hear ur attempt at imitating lol "yoo wheel see wheich won uhv uhs eis stoopeid" haha :p

Pfft! :p

I've spent a ton of time in Georgia and Florida. My accent is spot on, me thinks. :D

She was without doubt very rude.

Probably cross that she had been swindled by the folk at the nail fair as well.

I may have stopped short of an argument with her though in the interests of gaining her business. I would (if she let me get a word in lol) maybe have offered her a small discount (to slightly compensate for her having bought some duff stuff from some cowboy outfit) and used the real stuff on her if she'd allow. Chances are she would have been

a) thrilled with the result
b) pleased with the discount and a tech with a "heart"!
c) returning as a repeat customer

All very well for me to say, I know. Doesn't sound like her attitude exactly invited a nice response. x

I am in love with this thread.

Haha, some people!!! How rude...

Slightly off topic though gr8nailz, I thought Shellac was being taken off the menu, did the owner manage to be swayed to keep it on? :)

Latest posts

Back