She brought her own "Shellac" to her appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the way some of you refer to clients in this thread is more disrespectful than you being refered to as stupid by them and makes many of you sound juvenile, ignorant, disrespectful of others, aggressive in general and completely unprofessional and yes ... Stupid in writing like this on a public forum and showing a pretty Nasty side to your personalities along with it.

Dumb ass
Stupid
That bitch
stupid idiot
Cheeky woman
???

And you call yourselves professionals? :irked:

No one has ever called me stupid or spoken to me like that in all my years behind the table ... But if they had I would have been able to put them in their place without resorting to being disrespectful ... Just as I'm sure Tammy did. Tammy is a professional to her fingertips. X

Doesn't sound like her attitude exactly invited a nice response. x

Her attitude didn't elicit a nice response but I was pleasant none the less, even after her having called me stupid and a liar. She opted not to stay for her appointment because I wouldn't use her product in combination with the real Shellac. She found me "unreasonable and snotty" and stated that's why she never came to "snotty places like this." Other salons apparently acquiesced to her requests. I felt it best she return some place that better suited her needs.

I believe in attaining and keeping valued clients. I saw none of those attributes in her.

Her attitude didn't elicit a nice response but I was pleasant none the less, even after her having called me stupid and a liar. She opted not to stay for her appointment because I wouldn't use her product in combination with the real Shellac. She found me "unreasonable and snotty" and stated that's why she never came to "snotty places like this." Other salons apparently acquiesced to her requests. I felt it best she return some place that better suited her needs.

I believe in attaining and keeping valued clients. I saw none of those attributes in her.

Well you made me laugh, it's like the child who gets something wrong and instead of admitting they were wrong say's 'my teacher said so'
We all know that a teacher wouldn't say what ever it was, but it's a kids last line of defence and it works on other kids, so it should work on you, right?
So sad to see when it's a grown woman doing it. She could have been polite, she could have been shocked and told you she was going to take that bottle back to the store and demand her money back from them, she could have shared with you about how they lied to her, that would have allowed you to be sympathetic and for you to talk to her about layering and rock star options to her service to give her the colour she wanted.
But some people never grow up, never learn the social habit of polite conversation and I find are the first people to start yelling about respect yet are unwilling to show it to others.
How about doing a colour wheel for your salon window gr8nailz with layering etc and have a nice bold title above it saying the Custom colours of a Shellac service?
Underneath you could put If it doesn't say Shellac on the bottle it's not Shellac on the nail.
Every time she walks past she'll see it:)

Underneath you could put If it doesn't say Shellac on the bottle it's not Shellac on the nail.
Every time she walks past she'll see it:)

would love to say this is so but I was looking for nail desks on an ebay type site in Ireland, not going to post the link but this is what the ad says ...

"I Have a large stock of Bluesky Shellac nail Gels for sale with a fabulous range of shades including

Hot pop pink

Gotcha

Cappuccino

Cream Puff

Romantique

Clearly Pink

Rose Bud

Tropix etc etc.

These are half the price of CND shellac gels and the exact same quality and finish. Only 12 Euros each. "

and yes thee they are in the same type bottles with same colours, just a different label saying Bluesky SHELLAC!!! C'est la vie!

would love to say this is so but I was looking for nail desks on an ebay type site in Ireland, not going to post the link but this is what the ad says ...

"I Have a large stock of Bluesky Shellac nail Gels for sale with a fabulous range of shades including

Hot pop pink

Gotcha

Cappuccino

Cream Puff

Romantique

Clearly Pink

Rose Bud

Tropix etc etc.

These are half the price of CND shellac gels and the exact same quality and finish. Only 12 Euros each. "

and yes thee they are in the same type bottles with same colours, just a different label saying Bluesky SHELLAC!!! C'est la vie!

I googled and found this, surely this breaks a whole lot of trade laws.
***removed link***

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
I googled and found this, surely this breaks a whole lot of trade laws.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek
There is a seller on ebay selling these skyline shellac polishes :irked: and she is using the CND na

You know instead of posting it on here and giving them the publicity why not send it on to S2? :irked:

There is a seller on ebay selling these skyline shellac polishes :irked: and she is using the CND name as well

WOW.

That is so effing blatant, i hope she gets her pants sued right off.

You know instead of posting it on here and giving them the publicity why not send it on to S2? :irked:

Min that's why I wouldn't post a link, it's just given HUGE publicity to these rip off merchants!!!!

Min that's why I wouldn't post a link, it's just given HUGE publicity to these rip off merchants!!!!

That wasn't aimed specifically Sass, there's other actual links being posted x

Omg you wouldnt go to a hair salon and take your own dye with you????
How rude!! Just goes to show how a lack of training and knowledge these people have in shops to be advising clients.
Xx

Oh contraire! I own a hair and beauty salon and I have had clients bring their favourite supermarket packet color and my personal favourite.... a glugly old bottle of nail polish. And then they say, oh don't make such a fuss, just slap it on! Seriously, slap your own c**p on and definitely don't tell anyone you came to me to get a sloppy job done!

I know clients like this only come to feel special but they make me soooo grumpy!:irked:

Last edited:
If u google bluesky shellac and check the images u will find it is sold a lot ..my guess is that it is a chinese product ( haven't really looked into it )

It seems Shellac is starting to be what kleenex is to tissues !

Blue sky shellac is wholesaled from china and very easy to get shipped here. Found it when I was searching out factories in China (online that is, not in person!)

xx

Latest posts

Back