She said she was a Nail Tech, but she was just an Odd Bird.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8nailz

Reaction score
My colleague had a client in for a pedicure yesterday who was nothing short of a nightmare. She was a woman of advanced years who came in carrying a box who also proclaimed she was "one of us, a nail tech." She was a self-proclaimed germaphobe as well. She insisted on the pedi spa being cleaned in front of her because she didn't trust the chair or us. Okay...offensive.

In her box? In her words: her own products (a 4-step system of exfoliants & lotions), polishes and implements because "ours would be substandard" and not properly sanitized. Okay, again...offensive.

When my colleague sat down to begin the pedicure, in the woman's box there was no cuticle remover, nail file, nail clipper, cuticle pusher or nail nipper. (The only implement she provided was a 2 X 2 foot file.) What did the self proclaimed germaphobe say? Use your own. Really?????

After my colleague polished each of the client's toes a different neon color with the polishes she had provided, the client asked her to wipe down each of her bottles of product with disinfectant and put them in her box. By then, my colleague had had enough. She put the woman's bottles in the box and handed her a paper towel.

While my colleague was dealing with her, I put notes in the client's file that she was banned from my book.

Odd Bird.

Really? Wow..what an odd one!

If I had clients bringing in their own products, and unless they have an allergy or something I won't use them....haven't experienced that yet though!
It's rude of her..why would she even go to the salon if she doesn't believe its clean etc? If I had any doubts no way would I go in and have a treatment.

Strange woman..least its recorded for the next time..your poor lot..hope when she comes back she is a bit less of a nightmare! Lol

Kayleigh xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Wow.
Why didn't she just do it herself lol?

Shakira, x

Probably can't reach her own feet! LOL

We're all nail pros here but let's face it, it's nice to have someone else do our pedicures from time to time...to be the client and get pampered.

Why didn't she just do it herself lol?

Shakira, x

My point exactly! If you're a nail professional and a raging germaphobe who still feels the need to bring your own products to a 5-STAR SALON because you think we're so unclean, why didn't you just stay at home and do it yourself?

Your salon seems to attract some odd balls LOL

Your salon seems to attract some odd balls LOL

I think it's because of the 5 stars, more money than sense some of them! Lol (I'm sure the majority are great though) x

I wonder if she has OCD. That may go some way to explain her behaviour

xx

Her behavior was baffling. I texted my colleague today and she's still recovering from it. We've had people come in and ask us to clean the foot bath in front of them. I'm not offended by that really because some people have had bad experiences. We even have people come in with their own implements and polishes. But never their own pedicure product. On top of that, her product was poor quality, cheap garbage. We use Pure Fiji which is quite expensive.

I'm funny, too, when someone brings in their own implements. I make them sign a disclaimer that since they are bringing in their own implements and I am have no control of how they have been sanitized or handled, I cannot be held responsible in the event of infection of any kind.

Now who's the odd bird?

Her behavior was baffling. I texted my colleague today and she's still recovering from it. We've had people come in and ask us to clean the foot bath in front of them. I'm not offended by that really because some people have had bad experiences. We even have people come in with their own implements and polishes. But never their own pedicure product. On top of that, her product was poor quality, cheap garbage. We use Pure Fiji which is quite expensive.

I'm funny, too, when someone brings in their own implements. I make them sign a disclaimer that since they are bringing in their own implements and I am have no control of how they have been sanitized or handled, I cannot be held responsible in the event of infection of any kind.

Now who's the odd bird?

Not you anyway! That makes perfect sense to cover your butt in those cases.

Now who's the odd bird?

That's not odd that's a very good idea, I'm going to remember that! :) xx

Latest posts

Back