Shellac, 1 hour removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigan

Reaction score
Hi, could there be a link between clients who have their Shellac on for 4wks and very long removal ie 1hr, what are the chances that the longer it is on the harder it is to remove ?
I just did one today, removed with dissolve, took an hour and i still had to rub

most of my clients have shellac on for 3weeks and i dont have problems removing??anytime ive had problems is when they have dry nails and havent been using oil, but then it only takes an extra 5 mins?? dont forget though if you have extra layers for nail art/glitter/extra top coat then it will take a little extra but an hour is excessive xx

HI Tigan

Did you do the original application? Are you positive it was Shellac?
Have you done something silly such as use Dcolour instead of Dsolve (I have done this before!)
Was the base coat overly thick? Was it Rockstar?

Most of my clients go 3 weeks and it takes a few more mins but never an that long.

yes i thought it was excessive, no art, glitter or extras and they were all peely underneath when normally they are in good condition, perhaps your right about the dryness then, thanks

HI Tigan

Did you do the original application? Are you positive it was Shellac?
Have you done something silly such as use Dcolour instead of Dsolve (I have done this before!)
Was the base coat overly thick? Was it Rockstar?

Most of my clients go 3 weeks and it takes a few more mins but never an that long.

Hi Zooks, yes it was dsolve, hahaha, ive done that one before too, i did the original yes which was definately Shellac and as for the base when i was removing, normally you can see the base when its all peeling off, but this time it just looked like i was rubbing red of the nail plate and i definately used a base and it didnt bubble up on removal the way it normally does, it sort of looked the same and i had to do all the rubbing, well maybe she went somewhere else in between and keeping it a secret, lol

Last edited:
i really thought it was duration of time as client booked in fortnightly apps again because she felt like the Shellac got harder through time, im baffled

Im not sure what else to suggest, I do a tonne of Shellac tes and I have had clients come back after 2 months!!! And it still comes off relatively easily.

It wasn't over cured or anything?

This happened to me, my client went to a little NSS nearby while I was on holiday and it took an hour to take off and It took ages to get rid of the red as it was ingrained into her nail bed. So I think she has been elsewhere!!!!

Latest posts

Back