Shellac advertising question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlteredImageHR

Reaction score
I have recently done a UV gel polish course and it doesn't state a specific brand on the certificate. However I use the Shellac products and I'm just wondering if I will be able to advertise it as shellac and not UV gel polish?

And would i be able to use their posters etc to help with my advertising?

I have recently done a UV gel polish course and it doesn't state a specific brand on the certificate. However I use the Shellac products and I'm just wondering if I will be able to advertise it as shellac and not UV gel polish?

And would i be able to use their posters etc to help with my advertising?
If you're using the complete CND shellac system I don't see why not? Why don't you give Sweet Squared a call and ask I'm assuming you'll be buying from them anyway!

as shellac isnt a gel i wouldnt advertise as a gel polish, it is a hybrid or power polish,

why dont you do a shellac course its only 3 hours and you would learn the science behind it and how to market yourself,

give sweet squared a call xx

Thankyou I'll give sweet squared a call.

Im thinking of doing a shellac course just so I know for definite I'm doing it completely right. But as I'm only 16 it's abit of a problem at the moment haha! Where abouts are the shellac courses because I've only seen one in Scotland so it's abit far to go since I live in Middlesborough :( xx

As Souz said, Shellac is not a gel and therefore it would be incorrect to advertise it as such.

I posted recently about Shellac being advertised so often as a gel polish which it is not. It is a unique, durable power polish which cures under a CND UV lamp.

Some people don't like wearing gel and I for one, can't wear gel but I can wear Shellac because it is a special polish system.

Oh okay Thankyou :)

.. So would it be best advertising it a shellac or uv polish? As I use all ye the cnd products when applying shellac but as I'm not trained in it I'm abit weary to say its shellac x

If you are using all Shellac products from CND, ie base, colour and top coat, and using the correct lamp, and curing for the correct times per coat then yes, you are offering the Shellac service. You are fine to advertise that. Just want to ask though hon, are you insured to carry out these services and declaring any income?

You need to hold a manicure certificate in order to purchase Shellac from Sweet Squared and check with your insurance if either your mani cert or your uv gel polish cert will qualify you enough for your insurance policy xxx

I am insured to carry out the service I was just abit confused as to what I could advertise it as

How to I gain a membership with sweet squared do you know? I've been trying all day but had nothing back xx

Fab just wanted to check you were covered. I'm not sure if they are open weekends actually, I call mon-fri office hours and always get through. Try tomorrow? Xx

Brill that's probably why I couldn't get through! I'll call tomorrow and hopefully it will work xxx

I registered with Sweet Squared very easily over the phone. You will probably be required to provide proof of training in Mani/pedi. I emailed them a clear photo of my beauty diploma and this was accepted in order to purchase Shellac.

You don't have to officially train in Shellac although I'm sure the training would never be wasted, but you do need to know how to use the product as a system. If you can do this then there is no reason why you can't offer and advertise a Shellac service.

Enjoy. I'm loving it!

Oh that's good! I'll give them a call tomorrow hopefully it will work.. So do I just scan my certificate into my computer and email them it?

Aw I know I love shellac to! Feels weird using normal nail polish after shellac xx

yes you can scan certificate into computer and email it - that's what I did but I called them first and they gave me the email address of the relevant person.

Where have you been buying your shellac from if you dont hold sweet squared membership??

Just apply online to register, you will then receive an email and you have to reply to that with a copy of your certificates (or you can post a copy) it's very easy :)
Although, as asked above... Where have you been buying it if not from Sweet Squared? Xxx

Where have you been buying your shellac from if you dont hold sweet squared membership??

My auntie over in America works for CND and sends the products over to me x

Latest posts

Back