Shellac advice for new client who's a hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
I have a new client in this week who is a hairdresser. One of my clients (who is also a client of hers) had a Shellac american manicure on and the hairdresser was impressed with the fact that she's had it on for two weeks, so (understandably) wants the same.

Other than normal aftercare advice - what further advice should I give her to prolong the life of the Shellac?

thanks in advance xx

I have a new client in this week who is a hairdresser. One of my clients (who is also a client of hers) had a Shellac american manicure on and the hairdresser was impressed with the fact that she's had it on for two weeks, so (understandably) wants the same.

Other than normal aftercare advice - what further advice should I give her to prolong the life of the Shellac?

thanks in advance xx

I don't think she needs to take any particular precautions other than Solar Oil both morning and night. Not to have her nails too long.She needs to wear gloves when using tint as it could stain the Shellac surface. the common sense things.

Does she wash hair or does she have help with that? If her hands are constantly in water and saturated and swollen with it, then dry out and get re swollen over and over, it could cause peeling if she does not religiously use Solar Oil which helps keep moisture at bay in the nail plate.She doesn't have to take a bath in it :D she just needs to be mindful of what is happening.

I don't think she needs to take any particular precautions other than Solar Oil both morning and night. Not to have her nails too long.She needs to wear gloves when using tint as it could stain the Shellac surface. the common sense things.

Does she wash hair or does she have help with that? If her hands are constantly in water and saturated and swollen with it, then dry out and get re swollen over and over, it could cause peeling if she does not religiously use Solar Oil which helps keep moisture at bay in the nail plate.She doesn't have to take a bath in it :D she just needs to be mindful of what is happening.

I'm not sure whether she has help with washing, but will ask when she comes for her appointment. Whether she does or not I will drum it into her that she must use her Solar Oil - her salon is 500 yards from my home so I will be making unannounced visits to ensure she does..lol!

thanks Gigi x

Latest posts

Back