Shellac Alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St311ar

Reaction score
What do you use as an alternative to shellac?

If it's shellac that you/ your clients want then I strongly believe nothing else is the same or can replace it,
I do use Gelish aswell and it's fab stuff but it's not shellac,
shellac has big boots hard to fill! :)

I'm surprised that your having problems getting hold of it seems to me that the stock problem is over, have you tried calling / emailing CND directly ? They should know where they have sent the stock in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

I want to transition out of Shellac for multiple reasons. I currently use Bio Sculpture and OPI axxium gel lacquer as my primary systems. I like the bottle idea but am completely over shellac. I am interested in a product that is similar.

Can I ask why your "over Shellac"?
Its an amazing product & I don't think there is anything else on the market to date that matches it.

I would love to know why? As you are obviously very competent looking at the systems you use.

Fiona :)

Yes I would love to know the reason why you are over Shellac?

There is nothing like it out there!

Nail designer with a twist;)

. I am interested in a product that is similar.

This comment doesn't make any sense you say you are "over Shellac" but you want a product that is similar???
Please explain why you are no longer wanting to use Shellac, if you are having problems with it wouldn't it be easier to get those sorted rather than have the expense of buying new products?

I want to transition out of Shellac for multiple reasons. I currently use Bio Sculpture and OPI axxium gel lacquer as my primary systems. I like the bottle idea but am completely over shellac. I am interested in a product that is similar.

I would be interested to know why?? I love love love Shellac....and although there are products that you could class as 'similar' I agree with mizzy_dizzy "shellac has big boots hard to fill!" :biggrin:

I dont want to break the rules by bad mouthing a proper noun. My last post got removed. I don't dislike shellac's formula, I am discontinuing use for other reasons, i.e CND. My question is what gel polishes do techs use OTHER than shellac.

I use Gellish and love it, so many different colours and you can layer to make even more colours and effects :)

Gelish is a fab product u can do many things with it im finding x

Gelish, GELeration, Gelac to name three products that claim similar results. But they aren't Shellac.

Just as Shellac isn't Gelish or GELeration. They are all different and work in different ways.

I use shellac and mani q colour :)

Gelish, GELeration, Gelac to name three products that claim similar results. But they aren't Shellac.

Just as Shellac isn't Gelish or GELeration. They are all different and work in different ways.

I totally agree, they are all different and it is up to you to pick what one is right for you and your clientel, basing your decision on, ease of use, longevity and availability, not to mention cost!!
Gelish suits me and my clients on all of these counts!!

I use OPI Axxium Gel Lacquer and it ticks all my boxes...... Fab range of colours, soaks off easily, amazing shine.....

Very true!:)

hi a have used shellac and polish pro and went for polish pro as to me they are the same, same wear, same application, same to me! :)
just obvisosly not the same colours x

Did you remove the shine with the polish pro? If not, did it still last as long. plus how long! Thanks... I am concidering getting some polish pro, for the colours, as I already use the NSI tech nail coloured acrylics alongside my CND stuff (obviously not mixing products- have whole kit for both systems ) x:hug:

I had 6 samples done on my nails at Excel on Sunday, all are still looking good. There is no difference in the Shellac shine to the Pro Polish shine and they were applied in almost an identical fashion. If anything the Pro-polish looks better because the coverage is better.

Thank you for your responses!

I also love the polish pro I have never used any other system so I can't compare it but I'm in love with polish pro. It's easy to apply, great , beautiful shine and lasts and lasts

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
**Beckie**

Latest posts

Back