Shellac and fluff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
Anyone else wonder where it all comes from when doing a service?? Omg..fluff Attack!!!

Yes soooooo annoying! Generally non-lint free pads and clients using their cured but undspersed hands grrr x

Anyone else wonder where it all comes from when doing a service?? Omg..fluff Attack!!!

I've had a fluff issue this week , turned out to be my new towels 'moulting' lol x

drives me insane when they use their hands before you finish even though you tell them not to!!;) but i still get bits off my nail wipes and i use the ones from sq. i've used the ibd sponge ones before to finish off with but not sure if its ok to use them with the likes of scrub fresh. if anyone has tried this, would be good to know. i think it would be worth the few extra pennies to be fluff free.

I use the hands down ones with the plastic back and I still manage to get fluff in the shellac 

Last edited:

Yes, no matter how careful I am and lint free, I always have something in my Shellac! :eek:

Soft landings from sweet squared they are amazing no fluff at all but I cut them in half coz to big?x

I had this too but now use kitchen roll... Cut into squares.
Yes ... and not one fibre ever transfers to the nail!
I've found every brand works but the best it that big blue roll (sorry the name escapes me) it's sold as one roll in supermarkets it's fab!
It's been very successful for the last 2 months for me.. Xx

I used to get the dreaded fuzzys until I switched to the soft landings nail wipes which I get from S2.

I found the handsdown plastic backed pads where a complete nightmare for fuzzys and I'd spend more time fishing them of the nails than I did polishing the Shellac.

I used to get the dreaded fuzzys until I switched to the soft landings nail wipes which I get from S2.

I found the handsdown plastic backed pads where a complete nightmare for fuzzys and I'd spend more time fishing them of the nails than I did polishing the Shellac.

Yes to be honest thats me too!! Going to order some Soft Landings.. Can't take the fluff no more!! Lol!! 

Plenty is the answer!

Soft landings from sweet squared they are amazing no fluff at all but I cut them in half coz to big?x

And you buy the actual nail wipes size or the larger towel size?

this fluff problem gives me a head-ake too:eek:
I will try the blue paper to see how it goes
thank you ladies

drives me insane when they use their hands before you finish even though you tell them not to!!;) but i still get bits off my nail wipes and i use the ones from sq. i've used the ibd sponge ones before to finish off with but not sure if its ok to use them with the likes of scrub fresh. if anyone has tried this, would be good to know. i think it would be worth the few extra pennies to be fluff free.

The ibd wipes just disintegrate when used with acetone or scrubfresh but I use them for the end wIth D-sperse.

They drive me mad too but have just resigned myself to the fact that this is how it will be. I ordered a sample of the soft landings but I still got a few fuzzies even from those!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I use OPI Expert Touch nail wipes as recommended by another excellent therapist I know :) x
Sally's sell them - defo No Fuzzies!! X

After reading a similar thread a few months ago we use kitchen roll for the scrubfresh it works no fluff and if you buy the good stuff you can really squeak the nail, but have heard good things about the soft landing pads too.

Yes also kitchen roll cut into little squares, no fluff x

ive just started using the soft landings and no fuzzies so far, also im making sure after prep that i brush as much dust off nails as poss before scrubfreshing x

thanks for the info on the ibd wipes, looks like i'll have a go with the opi ones and get some kitchen roll as well. x

I had this too but now use kitchen roll... Cut into squares.
Yes ... and not one fibre ever transfers to the nail!
I've found every brand works but the best it that big blue roll (sorry the name escapes me) it's sold as one roll in supermarkets it's fab!
It's been very successful for the last 2 months for me.. Xx

Regina Blitz

Latest posts

Back