Shellac and Gelish, OPI Gelcolor, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsm

Reaction score
Does anyone stock shellac as well as another gel polish brand? I use shellac and love it but I'm constantly curious about other products such as gelish and opi gel colour and feel I'm missing out on something. I'm not sure what benefit adding another system would bring to my business as I stock a good selection of shellac colour that seem to suit most clients. shellac wears well and clients seem to love it.

Does anyone successfully use more than one system? what benefits to you find it brings to your business?

I would only use two systems plus of clients were asking for something specific. Of clients are happy with what you have got then why change!
I was talking a salon owner just today who stocks shellac and gelish. She prefers shellac but has gelish to widen her colour choice.
Depends what you and your clients want!

I think its more the fact that I want it! I come on salon geek and see everyone talking about products they use I feel like I'm missing out! I need to feed my product buying and training addiction!

I know what you mean! I'm the same! Read about a tan solution and want it even though mines great! Read about hd brows or shellac and I wanna do the training! Wish I could do it all at once!

I agree. Shellac is my go-to choice but if I don't have and can't make a certain color by another brand, I'll get the occasional Gelish or Gelcolor polish. They r both highly reputable brands.

I think I'm going to give gelcolor (spelt correctly this time!) a try. I’ve used axxium sog before but haven’t used it since getting shellac as I've never had any clients with really problematic nails that require the extra strength. Plus having to file the top coat annoys me as well. I think with gelcolor the removal process is just the same. Plus I can restock some of the colours my clients loved. Lincoln park, cajun shrimp.

Good choice! I am constantly falling in love with Gelcolor, colors are amazing, quality as well (I had only problems with base and top, they are very sensitive and love to cure with too much heat or light).
I like to have wide color selection, layering is not always the answer.

Latest posts

Back