Shellac and gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamper&Polish

Reaction score
Does anyone offer both Shellac and gelish? If so do you charge the same??

I do Shellac and love it...I just find the colour range a bit limiting (can't wait for the new ones) saw somebody with gelish on today which looked fab so I've been looking into it and there is a lot more choice with colour, I notice it is more expensive than shellac so was wondering if you charge more? xx

gelish is more expensive but the bottles are bigger, so i charge the same for both shellac and gelish.

I too charge the same for both.

As mentioned, the bottles are 15ml so not as expensive :hug:

i charge the same !

How much are you all charging out of interest.. xx

i charge the same for both but i do love Shellac soo much more! i regret spending money on gelish i wished id hadnt and saved my money! i use it on some clients but i dont like the product as much as Shellac so i tend to point clients toward the Shellac colours. have you used gelish before? i would maybe say try it first find a salon near you that does it and book yourself in. i really dont like it! hehe what am i like! but i find it alot harsher on the nail plate! takes forever and day to remove! compared to shellac and the nail plate doesn't seem in good condition after removal even when solar oiling every day!
Try before you buy!! or just wait till Feb for the new colours! x

Everyone to their own of course but I do have to disagree with the removal and condition of the nail re Gelish :green:

i charge the same for both but i do love Shellac soo much more! i regret spending money on gelish i wished id hadnt and saved my money! i use it on some clients but i dont like the product as much as Shellac so i tend to point clients toward the Shellac colours. have you used gelish before? i would maybe say try it first find a salon near you that does it and book yourself in. i really dont like it! hehe what am i like! but i find it alot harsher on the nail plate! takes forever and day to remove! compared to shellac and the nail plate doesn't seem in good condition after removal even when solar oiling every day!
Try before you buy!! or just wait till Feb for the new colours! x
I have used both Gelish and Shellac and don't understand how the nail plate can be in a worse condition after using Gelish, if any thing my clients nails have improved with Gelish, so much so Gelish is my main treatment and I no longer offer Shellac.
I also priced them both the same.

I offer both, people like Shellac, also my clients (and I) adore Gelish for the variety of colours. Also I find I can get 2-3 weeks of wear from Gelish even though I take thyroid medicaion, whereas Shellac seems to peel off of me (and another of my client's who has the same) within a few days :cry:.
Horses for courses, I'd say try both, but if I HAD to make a choice, for me it'd be Gelish. x

Thank you for all your help....I think I'll give it a try, the colours look fab!!! x x

What do you tell clients the difference is between shellac & gelish?
How do you advice clients what one to go for?
Do you find clients would choose gelish over shellac because of the wider colour choice? x

am thinking of buying in gelish but even more confused than ever now,lol
i get the impression you can be more creative with gelish, do you all take advantage ofthis, and can rockstar, hollywood toes be done as well - also could fimo cane be added or would it be too bulky

Gelish also do a a Structure gel so if you do need that bit of extra strength you have it.

You can also extend with Structure which I think ( please correct me if I am wrong) you can't extend the nail with Shellac.

I have to say it's Gelish all the way for nee
X the lady who said the removal was hard and nail plate damaged have u been on one of the Gelish courses they are running cause it sounds like u are doing something slightly wrong I can have Gelish off easily in 10 mins and clients nails are in better condition than before xx the lady who asked about the 2 remember they are different products and made differently x ie shellac u shake gelush u don't as you aren't mixing 2 products xx I think it's a great idea to offer both and at the same price at end of day everyone prefers different products xx

Is Gelish more like Bio? I offer Bio and Shellac and they are quite different systems which is Gelish more like?

Is Gelish more like Bio? I offer Bio and Shellac and they are quite different systems which is Gelish more like?

I do Bio Sculpture & Gelish but not Shellac yet....

B/S & Gelish are alike (especially when using Gelish Structure) but still different enough that I still want to offer both.

Thank you for all your help....I think I'll give it a try, the colours look fab!!! x x

I love gelish as well, all my clients do as well! I dont offer shelac but the lady i took over for used to so transition all the clients to gellish, so far so good no one has refused it!

They each have their plus points, imho. For me, shellac has the edge in terms of application and removal whilst gelish scores on more colour choice and also didn't suffer the stock shortages that shellac was prone to earlier on.

In terms of appearance and durability, I find them on a par with each other. Room for both, I would say, and don't see it as an 'Either/or' situation. :)

I use both. I also use them together, I find the Gelish top coat more hard wearing than the shellac so tend to use that even if the client has shellac colour. The glittery Gelish colours look really nice over the shellac colours too. Does anyone else do this and if so which base coat do you prefer?

Latest posts

Back