Shellac and steam ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannajadem

CND Education Ambassador
Reaction score
Hi all hope someone can help...
I've been using Shellac since it's launch with no problems, all colours, layering etc and it's been great!
Problem I've got is one client who's been having Shellac since Christmas Always has Rose Bud layered with Strawberry Smoothie. Last appointment she had rosebud alone and returned today with only 4 nails with Shellac on! She said she'd had it on over a week with no problems then
went in a steam room in a spa on the weekend and
the steam had certain aromatherapy oils in but she didn't know which ones. She said that night was when the Shellac started peeling.
I've never ever heard of this happening in my life! She said she's done nothing differently apart from the colour but I don't think she picked it off because she was fed up of it because she choose Rose Bud again today.
Any ideas anyone? Her nails aren't the best underneath (lots of peeling despite religious Solar Oil use) but this had never caused us any major problems, infact most of her natural nails today looked in fairly good condition.
I'm stumped, can anyone help? Thank you xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back