Shellac & Bellissima

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashadilly

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

Just wondering if anyone could help me a little.

I understand that it is best to use the correct UV light for the product that you are using. I will be training in Bellissima gel but want to offer shellac as I already offer Vinylux. My only problem is that my nail enhancements will be with Bellissima gel.

I contacted Sweet Treats near me that offers the correct training for shellac etc and asked if I could use shellac over my bellissima and they said that would absolutely be ok BUT now i'm wondering is it best that I get a Bellissima UV lamp or to stick with the CND lamp....

Of course I don't really want to have 2 lamps.

I'm considering just going ahead and getting the CND lamp as it looks a lot better quality and has more control.

What do you think??

Hello Geeks,

Just wondering if anyone could help me a little.

I understand that it is best to use the correct UV light for the product that you are using. I will be training in Bellissima gel but want to offer shellac as I already offer Vinylux. My only problem is that my nail enhancements will be with Bellissima gel.

I contacted Sweet Treats near me that offers the correct training for shellac etc and asked if I could use shellac over my bellissima and they said that would absolutely be ok BUT now i'm wondering is it best that I get a Bellissima UV lamp or to stick with the CND lamp....

Of course I don't really want to have 2 lamps.

I'm considering just going ahead and getting the CND lamp as it looks a lot better quality and has more control.

What do you think??

If you are wanting to offer shellac , you Must get the correct cnd uv lamp .

If you are wanting to offer shellac , you Must get the correct cnd uv lamp .

Yeah I'm wanting to purchase the lamp but then is it ok to use that with my bellissima? I'd imagine so as the lady at sweet treats did say that its fine to use over bellissima so i'm thinking she was assuming i'd be using the CND lamp.

When I did my shellac training the lady said it could be applied over extensions. I think you would have to complete your gel the do shellac with its base and top coat.

When I did my shellac training the lady said it could be applied over extensions. I think you would have to complete your gel the do shellac with its base and top coat.

Yeah it can be applied over the extensions. It's the lamps i'm concerned about. I'm just hoping that if I get the CND lamp, it will be ok with my Bellissima gel.

Yeah it can be applied over the extensions. It's the lamps i'm concerned about. I'm just hoping that if I get the CND lamp, it will be ok with my Bellissima gel.

Bellissima told me I could use any lamp as long as it was 36W, so think you should be fine.

Defo go with the CND Lamp, not only is it the only lamp to correctly cure Shellac but its the best lamp I have ever owned and I have had shed loads including LED ones.

Its easy on the eye, very easy to clean, clients trust it cause its branded and they trust CND as a professional brand and the settings are so easy x

Hi have also trained with Bellissima gel and offer Shellac, and only use the CND lamp. X

Perfect! Thanks everyone! CND lamp will be purchased asap!!

Latest posts

Back