Shellac bluesky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktjane86

Reaction score
Just having a little rant... I've been doing CND shellac for about two years now, and recently I've been seeing girls post over Facebook that there doing shellac but its the bluesky brand their using. They are doing it at a much cheaper price, so people are going to go for the cheaper 1. I'm trying to run a professional business and use top quality products and go for training to be qualified, and then U get these girls who just watch a you tube video and buy the stuff of eBay or something and think they can go out to the public and do the treatments. Really does my head in!! What's other CND shellac users opinions on this? X x

This is a BIG pet hate of mine, A lady even uses Shellac promo images for her bluesky on her facebook page.
her about me reads 'Dont pay salon prices as you are mostly paying for their training'......yep.....great....do one lol

I honestly have to comfort myself with the thought that i can do no better than i already do and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys :!:

The people who go for cheap nails by unqualified DIY'ers aren't your client base. Don't stress it, laugh it off, they'll move on and leave you to it when they find a new hobby or buy a cheap spray tan kit. Stay professional, don't slate them and see how it pans out, they never last :lol:

Yes they advertise it but would you really go to a hairdressers for example who wasnt qualified just to save a few quid!!? I know i wouldn't! That girl who posted the "dont pay salon prices, your just paying for their training" has just shot herself in the foot!! Let them get on with it, they are probably doing a horrible job and not getting any regulars!

These type of ppl really have no idea what the industry is about - but rise above it as what i think is .... no training = no insurance = paying no tax = a claim waiting to happen (or the taxman I hope) ... !!!!

Why can't CND or Harmony try and stop/sue these other companies from using their name in the title of the product? Anyone with half a brain can tell they are trying to ride on the coat tails of CND's/Harmony's success!

It must be cos of some legal mumbo jumbo :(

Hi they did take them to court a few months ago & cnd & gelish won, so bluesky are rebranding apparently, still bluesky but cant use shellac name anymore, thank god, apparently on eBay (not sure if its uk or usa ebay)the new branded bottles are on there, I don't use them but very glad cnd & gellish won.

Hi they did take them to court a few months ago & cnd & gelish won, so bluesky are rebranding apparently, still bluesky but cant use shellac name anymore, thank god, apparently on eBay (not sure if its uk or usa ebay)the new branded bottles are on there, I don't use them but very glad cnd & gellish won.

Yep, CND will have registered "Shellac" as a trade mark - meaning that any other company using the word "Shellac" to brand their nail products would be infringing that trade mark - hence why CND will have won the court case. But legal action of that nature is invariably expensive and time-consuming.

I think the best thing to do would be to re-iterate that you use genuine CND Shellac rather than fake Shellac - and genuine CND Shellac will give you a much better result than an inferior fake - as well as re-iterating that you are professionally trained, so you will be able to offer far better nails than someone without training who is using a fake product.

Very true, I'm lucky no one in my area uses bluesky, but I've been keeping me ears open lately, as now it's all legal etc I'm expecting some people to buy into it, but my clients are very faithful & brilliant at promoting my work:lol:

Theres not much you can do about this and anything you attempt will be thought to be jealousy. CND has been going after these people in the legal venue and it's beginning to show results.

What is particularly appalling is that these people probably aren't telling their clients that they aren't using real CND Shellac. I mean, that's the only reason to knowingly use Bluesky Shellac, to defraud your clients with "Shellac" written across the copied bottles. There are lots of good-quality name-brand gel polishes out there for even less than bluesky, but then it would be clear to customers that it was not CND Shellac. By using CND Shellac promotional material, they are trying to trick their clients into thinking this is the real deal.

And I can't believe she actually made the statement "Don't pay salon prices as you are mostly paying for their training..." Well, yeah?!? Duh.The good news is that Bluesky is crap and with no training and crap products they'll probably be out of business fairly soon or have clients you don't want. The bad news is that their dissatisfied customers will blame CND Shellac and all nail techs for their poor experience.

Didn't want to read and run so just a quick one. I don't do CND but a woman i know recently told me that she had purchased the bluesky and tried to pass it off as shellac. Her 'clients' have clearly been educated properly (thank god) as more and more people kept telling her it's not genuine. (She's rather new to nails) so she decided to sell the lot on eBay. Less than 24 hours later her listing was removed because she put 'shellac' not BLUESKY so they informed her that someone working for CND had reported it as a trademark breach which is why they removed it! So it's good to see that it's finally being actively policed. As I said I don't do shellac, I'm NSI all they way and I get so angry when people claim to be qualified and charge £10.00 for a set of nails.

Ignore it, karma always comes back around. For example there is one person I know of, where I live that's been posting other people's pictures (including my own work) as their own and charging £10.00. Obviously this wound me up but I rose above it and guess what!? Just last week I saw a status on her picture from one of her 'clients' saying " had my nails done with this girl, what a disaster. Two fell off in less than 24 hours and I've had to pay for a new set elsewhere... But then at £10.00 I guess you get what you pay for!!!"

That in itself was enough to keep me smiling knowing that people like that wont be around for long!

I've just seen a salon that I worked in post fake gelish bottle (it's Ido, no doubt brought off eBay). It's by a hairdresser who did a two hour course (no nail experience now thinks she can work on the public). All I can say is good job I'm out of there!
Bet they haven't even updated insurance!
It's just a shame these fakes exist as it makes the uneducated think gelish is no good!

in the end , I just let other people do s*** nails with s*** products.
I have NEVER seen ANYONE as competition, i just potter on using good products and good service, you will never win the "chav" market, so why bother stressing about it

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree nail zoo. You need bad nails to make the good ones standout!

Well, how silly do I feel???I did some training and on the course another class member went on and on at how great this bluesky polish was, and she had been using it for ages and got really good results, so I got some because I was having real issues with trying to remove another gel polish. The bluesky was advertised as great for professional use, so I thought it was ok to use on public. I didn't do CND training as couldn't afford the course but now I wonder if you are right in that you pay for training as well as product knowledge.I haven't used it on clients as wanted to try it out 1st and use up my current stock.I am not advertising it but was going to offer it cheaper and as an alternative gel polish. Have I made a boo boo

Well, how silly do I feel???I did some training and on the course another class member went on and on at how great this bluesky polish was, and she had been using it for ages and got really good results, so I got some because I was having real issues with trying to remove another gel polish. The bluesky was advertised as great for professional use, so I thought it was ok to use on public. I didn't do CND training as couldn't afford the course but now I wonder if you are right in that you pay for training as well as product knowledge.I haven't used it on clients as wanted to try it out 1st and use up my current stock.I am not advertising it but was going to offer it cheaper and as an alternative gel polish. Have I made a boo boo

I would say you have ...BIG one! Fancy using any product with which you have had no training? Makes no sense at all and in fact I think it is downright negligence towards your clients.

Yes, you've made several big boo-boos. The first was that you listened to an obviously uninformed person and then failed to do your homework - a couple of hours searching Salon Geek would have steered you clear of Bluesky (and maybe even solved your problem with the other gel polish!).

But, no training!? Whatever were you thinking?! I know that some of the big name brands' training is not always affordable or accessible, but I would prefer to see you working with a lesser product whose training you could afford. The difference between a $10 mani and a $30 mani is not product; it's training. People don't go to a professional because of the product, they go because of your training and experience. And geeg makes a very important point about negligence here. Training is not just about turning out a good looking result, it's about keeping your clients safe and healthy using the product - something you learn in training with the product.

Come on. Surely no training means no insurance? A wing and a prayer is no way to run a nail business!
I saved up and trained with CND and I feel proud that I can honestly tell my clients that and beautify them with legitimate Shellac.

I saw a girl advertising gelish the other day with her client holding a 'gelitz' brown cheap looking bottle....had to laugh!!

Seen this poster geeks so I've been posting it on my Facebook to make ppl know that CND shellac is the genuine article :) I love it x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364300532.311108.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364300532.311108.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 240

Latest posts

Back