Shellac bottles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for any old/empty/dried up/sun cured (I'm really not fussy) shellac bottles - heck I'll even take any bottles that are shellac-a-like bottles.

The reason behind this strange request?? It's because I've recently found out my co-worker is using my stock instead of her own SO I'm going to acquire all the same but in empty/old/messed up bottles, dip them in magnolia paint up to the lid (hence the colour or company not important) and just place my colour pop on so they are more decorative than useable and I can lock my own away on my days off.
My own clients can see what I have from my display and I will have my stuff still usable.
Does that make sense.

Of course I will pay P&P.
I just can't think of another way right now - at the moment I am locking everything away or taking it all home each time I'm not working and putting it all back out the next work day, it takes so much time so a permanent display seems like my best option.

Thanks for reading and if you have any oldies, cured, empties etc then please think of me before dumping them, I've 90 odd to find.

It would be easier for you to just do colour pops on a ring and display those.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461167182.637694.jpg

How about getting a lockable see-through display cabinet?
Just think how annoying it would be for the other person to be able to see your stock but not get to it ! He he!

I'm not allowed to put cabinets up or even have my own desk so a lockable drawer attached would be ideal but not allowed.
But a lockable drawer unit on wheels is on order so I can wheel that in and out of the storage area - we have to pack up behind ourselves so it's free for the next person to work on, one desk so minimal space used.
I have my own shelf unit with all my stock and products on, and now I have an empty shelf.

A ring of colour sticks is great for a table but not for a shelf, same with the ring pop stand.
No worries, thanks for the ideas tho but it's bottles that I'm after, even if they were sealed fused shut. I'm not interested in using the bottles as anything other than decoration.
I've already been questioned as to why it has to be bottles but it has to be uniform bottles and I know my pops fit on my shellac bottles.

Hope you sort it xxx

Have you confronted your co worker about this ? It seems a bit crazy doing that.

I'm confused why do you need empty bottles??

She wants to display the empty bottles with the colour pop on and keep her stock locked up. I don't really get it either. Easier to just display the pops.

But she says she wants to dip them in magnolia paint etc

Surely the pops would take up less space and all 90 bottles?!! Willing to pay postage no no no

Lol just do the colour pops

Ok let me explain... Empty bottles as that's what people just throw away, cured bottles or sealed bottle as these are what people throw away too,
I want something to put on my shelf that already holds my 90odd bottles, I don't want just nail pops, I want something uniform in size that I can use as a decoration and the show off the colours I have.
I don't want a book of nails that are coloured as this again is just something that sits on the desk, I want to fill my shelf with what I already have on there.
Also if they are empty my co-worker can't use them.
A lockable display would be fab but I'm not allowed to make changes or put up anything on the walls, I already take them home until my new lockable drawer set arrives that I can put in the store room and wheel out in my working days.
It really is as simple as I want a display of bottles, that I can dip to make them all one colour to fit in with my shelf colours and style and then I can put my colour pops on those, yes it may seem like a faf to some of you and it may seem weird, but who is to say how anyone displays their shelves to be right or wrong?
It really was a simple question with a basic explanation... Does anyone have any empty, spare, old, cured, sealed or other branded shellac style bottles for my display shelf!

I understood you! I haven't at the moment but I'll remember you when I'm chucking out! It may also be helpful if other geeks are willing to help out on this one to have a checklist of your colours too x

Latest posts

Back