Shellac brushes dropping off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi - as the title says I now have 2 colours if Shellac where on going to apply to client, I have shaken, removed lid and - no brush head!
First time I rang SS they said I had had it a while so nothing could be done. I managed to create same colour- Masquerade, by layering. Now another colour has gone and had to use a different colour! It was very embarrassing on front of client. As I mainly do bridal nails , there are lots of colours I have hardly used, so now worried they'll all start to drop off.
Can't afford to replace for sake of it - is it just me please? X thanks

I had one like this, the day I got it I checked and noticed so sent a picture and had a new bottle sent out.x

This happened to me once when I was scraping the barrel of one of my nearly empty base coats to use on myself. I was really trying to get in there around the corners of the bottle and the brush stick came away from inside of the lid. I got a wipe and just popped it back into place.

I know you didn't abuse your brush like I did, but maybe it just wasn't in place properly and can be pushed in to save you discarding the bottle.

Thanks for replies - unfortunately it's not the stick - that's still in place.
It's the whole bristle section that's dropped off into the polish. So I have a lid with stick attached but no bristles xx

Oh I had no stick or bristles x

Same thing happened to me with a not too old bottle of Masquerade. Bristles left in the polish and just the stick when I opened it in front of the client.

Couldn't you clean off a brush from an empty bottle and use it?

Or even get an artists brush and use it in the bottle to get the colour out?

I've had the whole stick fall off too never just the bristles, luckily I caught it and managed to catch it back in. But I always think the brushes are too short, anyone else think this?

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with your problem, but I got sent a completely empty bottle of shellac the other day from Ellisons. No idea how that happened lol I shall now be saving that brush incase this happens though! xx

Latest posts

Back