Shellac bubbles problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mollysmanicure

Reaction score
I have never come across this problem in all the years doing shellac, so wondering if anyone can help?

I have a regular client, and last time I did her nails she went away happy, messaged me an hour later saying her shellac had bubbles on 2 fingers, I told her I could redo them not a problem and to come back. Next day she messages saying they had disappeared overnight. I thought nothing more of it.

So tonight I do her fingers 1st and as I'm doing her toes she says they have done it again! So I look at them and right enough it has tiny bubbles all over the surface that make the shellac feel rough, they 100% weren't there when I wiped over them with dsperse, can anyone shed any light on what might have happened? I've never had this problem with anyone before, use all CND products. And it was the same two fingers.

Thanks!

The only things I could think of would be heat sometimes makes it bubble but thats normally for people on holiday and it ends up lifting not going away.

Or air bubbles in the top coat, but again I don't think that goes away and you'd see that as you wipe over them.

Has she changed any medication? All bottles shaked well before use?

I'd may be give S2 a call and speak to an educator.

Hello!

I have experienced this exact thing with a client of my own recently - it is not happening with any other clients so i can rule out the cause being down to product or application.

They appear with an hour or 2, and disappear as quickly as they came. My CND LED lamp is brand new and I have triple checked her hand placement. I also use a full CND system. She has no issues with lifting or chipping so for that reason I did not pursue it any further. Just one of the quirky little variables I guess we have to contend with from time to time :) xx

I have never come across this problem in all the years doing shellac, so wondering if anyone can help?

I have a regular client, and last time I did her nails she went away happy, messaged me an hour later saying her shellac had bubbles on 2 fingers, I told her I could redo them not a problem and to come back. Next day she messages saying they had disappeared overnight. I thought nothing more of it.

So tonight I do her fingers 1st and as I'm doing her toes she says they have done it again! So I look at them and right enough it has tiny bubbles all over the surface that make the shellac feel rough, they 100% weren't there when I wiped over them with dsperse, can anyone shed any light on what might have happened? I've never had this problem with anyone before, use all CND products. And it was the same two fingers.

Thanks!
Did you find a cause for this in the end? I've just had 2 of my regular clients say they've experienced the same thing and I can't for the life of me find an explanation!

I can't really advise why this might be happening but I had the same happen to me using ibd Just Gel Polish.
In fact it was a problem with one of their collections, called the Peach Collection.
The polish would bubble, usually within the same 24hrs of application. Then it would disappear.
I had it happen to a client who had application on their natural nails however I have used the polish on hard gel and acrylic with no issues.
It was well known within ibd JGP users that this was an issue and it was questioned if ibd had changed their formula. The reason was never explained however I believe the whole collection was recalled. I spoke to my supplier here in Aust and they were aware of it and said they would refund.

Have you tried using the same polish on natural nail clients and also those with enhancements? Is it always the same bottle of polish or a few? Did you purchase these around the same time?
If so from my experience I would suggest its not anything you have done and not your equipment.
Its probably a good idea to get in contact with where you purchased to ask questions and maybe even contact CND directly.

Sometimes there are issues with production and the company needs to be made aware.
If they are decent they will take your enquiry seriously.

Latest posts

Back