Shellac came off as I was doing it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicDox

NicDox
Reaction score
Hi all has anyone had this happen to them? Ok here are the facts:

1. Client is a chiropractor. I said that the Shellac does not last with hand sanitisers and oils she uses. Etc on her first appointment.

2. Her first appointment I noticed her hands were very warm and sweaty and noticed it again this time.

3. She arrived today and said that her Shellac only lasted a day. I thought it strange because even with hand sanitisers Shellac lasts more than a day.

4. So I thought right lets start at the bottom of "strengths" and go with Brisa Light smoothing gel, and work our way up from there. So did all my prep cuticle work etc the whole shoot and shebang. Got to the end of curing and I went to wipe them down and the Shellac slid straight off her nail. No attachment on them at all. No nail pulled off with it nothing. It was like I tried to stick a false nail on. It slid straight off.

When I had a look at her nails before I started I thought ok she had obviously buffed to make them look better as she picked off the Shellac. They looked so smooth and shiny. When we started to try and eliminate the reasons for this happening I asked her if she had buffed and she said no she had not buffed her nails in two years. The other therapist in the salon said she did her nails once and also noticed her nails were very oily.????

Ok so......... Could it be the fact that she has naturally warm sweaty therefore oily nails (her hands are really dry from using the sanitisers) could it be the products she uses have absorbed into her nails? I know this sounds stupid but I did her moms nails straight after and after doing her prep work I noticed her nails looked quite smooth as well. She also had really warm hands. I mean we touch a lot of hands during a day and both these ladies hands were so warm I actually stopped and took notice of it? I'm at a loss. How can I solve this and then deal with it? Does anyone have any ideas and thanks in advance for reading my "book long" story. Lol

To cut a long story short, gel polish or power polish or whatever you want to call it, isn't suitable for everyone.

I've had a client like this before and the only thing that lasts on her nails is the unlabelled concrete they told her was "Shellac" (which it isn't) she now has applied at a non standard salon. I still do her pedis but she now has her concrete drilled off and reapplied elsewhere.

To cut a long story short, gel polish or power polish or whatever you want to call it, isn't suitable for everyone.

I've had a client like this before and the only thing that lasts on her nails is the unlabelled concrete they told her was "Shellac" (which it isn't) she now has applied at a non standard salon. I still do her pedis but she now has her concrete drilled off and reapplied elsewhere.

I too agree. I have 2 clients with the same issue, we now apply CND Retention+ and their nails last nicely but we rebook at 2 weeks intervals as to not take any chances

So do you recon I keep her nails short but apply l&p with Shellac over. I use the CND l&p.

Sorry sent to soon. I use CND retention+ as well.

Latest posts

Back