Shellac change in consistency?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique.Tips

Reaction score
Has any one else noticed that Iced Cappuccino and Red Baroness both have become as thin as the other colors and less difficult to work with? Layering with these colors now are AMAZING bc putting them on top alters the colors better now then before.

This was just a quick observation and I was curious if any of u others have noticed this change.

I noticed a change in consisitancy with blackpool

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Maybe they have been become LED-able

Ousted to go through red baroness like there was no tomorrow but my last few bottles have been a totally different colour, thinner with much more pink and no where near as much depth as it used to have now it doesn't shift! :(

Ousted to go through red baroness like there was no tomorrow but my last few bottles have been a totally different colour, thinner with much more pink and no where near as much depth as it used to have now it doesn't shift! :(

My last bottle was different too really thin and not the same colour.
Dissapointed if this is how it is now I thought I just had a dodgy one x

Only thing I could think was that they changed it for layering. But the LED compatibility makes sense bc they were the two denser Shellac colors and maybe that didn't work with the LED.

I've noticed a change in consistency to many if them too.
I think ss are just updating and trying to improve.
The bottles have regularly changed (remember to spinning lids?)
Some colours definitely paint better than others.

I've noticed that tutti frutti needs an almighty shake to get the pigments properly blended. If I don't do this it appears almost ombré with a milky white at the top and pink at the bottom!

We at the salon have just asked to send back a bottle of red baroness because as another person said, the colour is completely different. It also starts to shrink away on the nail. I prefer a thinner consistency but was not happy that the colour pigment wouldn't mix to make the 'normal' colour.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

I've noticed that tutti frutti needs an almighty shake to get the pigments properly blended. If I don't do this it appears almost ombré with a milky white at the top and pink at the bottom!

My grey one does this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I can't imagine it would have anything to do with the new LED lamp. LED is still UV light, just different style bulbs and different bulb placement. CND have designed the lamp to work with Brisa, Brisa Lite, and Shellac. They said Shellac couldn't cure properly with LED in the past because the LED lights on the market weren't designed to properly cure Shellac, just like the other UV lamps out there won't cure it properly either. Now you can cure Shellac with the proper LED lamp and have no issues.

I venture a guess that they might have changed a few colours (like Iced Cappaccino) because some were concerned that they weren't as easy to apply as others. JMO

We at the salon have just asked to send back a bottle of red baroness because as another person said, the colour is completely different. It also starts to shrink away on the nail. I prefer a thinner consistency but was not happy that the colour pigment wouldn't mix to make the 'normal' colour.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using SalonGeek

Is Red Baroness meant to have a metallic sheen like the colour on its bottle? Mine doesn't at all.

I was going to ring sweetsquared today but on Facebook it said that they are understaffed due to the weather so I thought I'd wait.

I've had a few new colours recently and they have been ok. Could it be after reaching the end of the old bottle the consistency is a bit thicker so when you open a new bottle it seems thinner.
Just a thought that's all :)
Vicki x

Is Red Baroness meant to have a metallic sheen like the colour on its bottle? Mine doesn't at all.

I was going to ring sweetsquared today but on Facebook it said that they are understaffed due to the weather so I thought I'd wait.

Yes, it was originally a really deep beautiful red with a metallic sheen.....now its a matte pinky kind of colour :(

Yes, it was originally a really deep beautiful red with a metallic sheen.....now its a matte pinky kind of colour :(

Contact t s2 I had this a few months ago and they changed it for me it's just as it was now

I think you all need to ring S2 with your concerns. I had a bottle of tropix that was definitely different but they didn't take me seriously and I ended up just keeping it. However, if you all phone and explain the problems youre having they'll surely have to look into it. Let us know how you get on x

I've noticed a change in consistency to many if them too.
I think ss are just updating and trying to improve.
The bottles have regularly changed (remember to spinning lids?)
Some colours definitely paint better than others.

When you say spinning lids do you mean they would keep on turning past the point at which they should have tightened?My top coat lid can be tightened to a point before it goes loose again - thought it was me over tightening! Would be great to know if this was a bottle fault and not me :) x

When you say spinning lids do you mean they would keep on turning past the point at which they should have tightened?My top coat lid can be tightened to a point before it goes loose again - thought it was me over tightening! Would be great to know if this was a bottle fault and not me :) x

Yes, because they changed the bottles and they don't do it anymore. :)

I was at a cnd master painter class today. Someone said there that was a batch mix up where decadence was put in red baroness bottles in error so I would contact s2 to see if that's true.

Yes, because they changed the bottles and they don't do it anymore. :)

Phew :) I must have got one of the older bottles then as my new top coat bottle does look different to my faulty one!

x

Latest posts

Back