Shellac Cityscape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

bella771

Reaction score
Hi

What does everyone think of the new shellac colour cityscape. I got it last week and must say when i tried the colour out on my own nails i wasnt impressed, its not as nice as i taught at all. Anyone know any nice layering to make this colour look nicer for clients?:D

hippy chick

Reaction score
I put mother of pearl over the top and it's lovely, also with moonlight and roses over, very pretty.

Kit_Cat

Reaction score
Silver VIP on top looks lovely xxxx

Dream Nails

Reaction score

bella771

Reaction score
Thanks everyone Silver VIP looks fab over it cant wait to purchase and try it :D

EmJZ

Reaction score
I have layerd it over blackpool....makes a pretty, darker grey.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
for me it would not be a good color BUT i have sevral clients that LOVE it and keep getting it , !

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
I have put Hot Pop Pink underneath it and it becomes a nice pinky grey. Hth's x

Perfect Pinkys

Reaction score
Don't you just LOVE how versatile Shellac is :D.

I had a client who had Tropix on her toes for holiday, but then realised that it slightly clashed with her peachy coloured sandals. So we put a layer of Hot Chilis on top and all was well again :hug:

Last edited:

busybee32

Reaction score
How can you not love this colour?

Planky1

Reaction score
It's gorge. I haven't tried this one yet, think I'll do this on myself next week as mine is due for a change :)

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
It is one of my most favourite colours with a thin black free edge (like the ones you did, Ceri!). I also sometimes add a black half moon as well. PURE CLASS

I agree with Jen ... How can anyone not like this colour? Beautiful painting too Jeni as always. X

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
*sticks head above parapet*

I don't like it on myself either!! I love the colour in the bottle but it is too cool-toned for my skin and I just can't pull it off. Although I tell others it looks great on them (if it does!!) I can't really wear blues or silvers so it sits waiting for others to choose it :)

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
*sticks head above parapet*

I don't like it on myself either!! I love the colour in the bottle but it is too cool-toned for my skin and I just can't pull it off. Although I tell others it looks great on them (if it does!!) I can't really wear blues or silvers so it sits waiting for others to choose
It's one thing to not liki a colour on oneself .... But it is silly for anyone to let that opinion influence one not to recommend it to others!!

I would never wear Cocoa on its own, but it's one of the most popular colours in the salon; so many of our older clients love it! I wouldn't omit having that colour on my rack just because I personally wouldn't wear it.

Rosy cheeks

Reaction score
It is one of my most favourite colours with a thin black free edge (like the ones you did, Ceri!). I also sometimes add a black half moon as well. PURE CLASS

I agree with Jen ... How can anyone not like this colour? Beautiful painting too Jeni as always. X
Hey Geeg, i really want to try doing a half moon with these 2 colours.. I just want to know, do you use those reinforcement tapes to get a perfect moon? If so are you appling tape over Cityscape after cure? How does this work? Sorry questions!

Megdav87

Reaction score
I love love live Cityscape it's one of my favourites!
And I agree...there's lots of colours which I would never wear on myself but look beautiful on other people. :)

Attachments

nicole333

Reaction score
Jen, is that Cityscape on it's own you have here, or something layered over it giving the shimmer?

busybee32

Reaction score
It is layered with silver VIP for a bit of depth.
Jen xx

nicole333

Reaction score
Thank you, they really compliment each other.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Hey Geeg, i really want to try doing a half moon with these 2 colours.. I just want to know, do you use those reinforcement tapes to get a perfect moon? If so are you appling tape over Cityscape after cure? How does this work? Sorry questions!
I just paint them on with a small brush and Blackpool ... so much quicker and less hassle than using any kind of form.

Latest posts