Shellac Cityscape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually love cityscape... I do alot of Shellac and not had one client ask for it yet! But I wear it on my toes alot of the time, its gorgeous.

Funny, very few clients ask for a specific colour .... I always recommend colours FOR them ... they need leading because they don't really want to make decisions themselves unless they are one of THOSE who has the same colour EVERY single appointment. You need to embolden them to try things .. part of our job.

Funny, very few clients ask for a specific colour .... I always recommend colours FOR them ... they need leading because they don't really want to make decisions themselves unless they are one of THOSE who has the same colour EVERY single appointment. You need to embolden them to try things .. part of our job.

Oh, dont worry, I have recommened it to nearly all of my shellac clients... and not one niggle (yet!) Every other colour though, is a different story.

And I do embolden my clients, thats why they keep coming back!

Oh, dont worry, I have recommened it to nearly all of my shellac clients... and not one niggle (yet!) Every other colour though, is a different story.

And I do embolden my clients, thats why they keep coming back!

That is good to hear. My post was a general one to all who read The forums and not specifically to you, Jac.

Unfortunately, there are many technicians who don't get the most out of their clients as they never offer them anything. Work is much more fun when you can advise and demonstrate what something will look like before they choose.

How can you not love this colour?
551963_10150771869192962_1471199829_n.jpg

OMG Jeni your nail painting is just perfect. As a newbie I'm in complete awe, I can't imagine what on earth I'm going to have to do to be able to paint nails even half as well as you do! It's certainly something to aspire to, that's for sure.

It is one of my most favourite colours with a thin black free edge (like the ones you did, Ceri!). I also sometimes add a black half moon as well. PURE CLASS

I agree with Jen ... How can anyone not like this colour? Beautiful painting too Jeni as always. X

I do find that blackpool is a beautiful color with it ,
For something retro / spicy so it wild fire! Grate contrast !
I am thinking of cityscape as a blank canvas for when we get our additives to.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339925340.882880.jpg

Another cityscape look.

View attachment 16425

Another cityscape look.

Love these Mizzy!

I had a client yday for her first reshellac previously having had masquerade, which she loved and was going to have again. However it was so nice to recommend colours to her, as i try to do with all my clients. We together decided on tropix. I personally cant pull this colour off, my skin tone just isnt right for it. Hers on the other hand was perfect. She got to the end of her appointment and said how pleased she was that shed gone for tropix :)

I also love wearing Tropix but it IS a colour that requires the right skin tone, slightly yellow/tanned hands look best with Tropix!
As for Cityscape, I'm guessing it might be the exact opposite for me as my skin tone would not suit it but would look FAB on those who did suit it.
I guess you just need a good mix of colours for all different customers :) expensive though....and I always like buying the colours that I want!!!

I also love wearing Tropix but it IS a colour that requires the right skin tone, slightly yellow/tanned hands look best with Tropix!
As for Cityscape, I'm guessing it might be the exact opposite for me as my skin tone would not suit it but would look FAB on those who did suit it.
I guess you just need a good mix of colours for all different customers :) expensive though....and I always like buying the colours that I want!!!

Problem here, is that what you want or like doesn't pay the bills. Smarter to buy what your customers like and to have plenty of choice.

Layering gives you more choices without added expense and Cityscape can be warmed up to suit different skin tones, with clever layering options (some of which are mentioned above).

When you consider that your first paying Shellac client will pay you back for your bottle and then you have 20 more applications from that bottle ... That's a pretty stunning return on your original investment. :D:D

How can you not love this colour?
551963_10150771869192962_1471199829_n.jpg

I don't have Cityscape yet but was planning on getting it soon. have you layered something over it here? It looks lovely!

Latest posts

Back