Shellac Cityscape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi

What does everyone think of the new shellac colour cityscape. I got it last week and must say when i tried the colour out on my own nails i wasnt impressed, its not as nice as i taught at all. Anyone know any nice layering to make this colour look nicer for clients?:D

I put mother of pearl over the top and it's lovely, also with moonlight and roses over, very pretty.

Silver VIP on top looks lovely xxxx

Silver VIP on top looks lovely xxxx

I second that. Gorgeous :)
Vicki xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339611679.230419.jpg

Thanks everyone Silver VIP looks fab over it cant wait to purchase and try it :D

I have layerd it over blackpool....makes a pretty, darker grey.

picture.php
picture.php
for me it would not be a good color BUT i have sevral clients that LOVE it and keep getting it , !

I have put Hot Pop Pink underneath it and it becomes a nice pinky grey. Hth's x

Don't you just LOVE how versatile Shellac is :D.

I had a client who had Tropix on her toes for holiday, but then realised that it slightly clashed with her peachy coloured sandals. So we put a layer of Hot Chilis on top and all was well again :hug:

Last edited:
How can you not love this colour?
551963_10150771869192962_1471199829_n.jpg

551963_10150771869192962_1471199829_n.jpg

It's gorge. I haven't tried this one yet, think I'll do this on myself next week as mine is due for a change :)

It is one of my most favourite colours with a thin black free edge (like the ones you did, Ceri!). I also sometimes add a black half moon as well. PURE CLASS

I agree with Jen ... How can anyone not like this colour? Beautiful painting too Jeni as always. X

*sticks head above parapet*

I don't like it on myself either!! I love the colour in the bottle but it is too cool-toned for my skin and I just can't pull it off. Although I tell others it looks great on them (if it does!!) I can't really wear blues or silvers so it sits waiting for others to choose it :)

*sticks head above parapet*

I don't like it on myself either!! I love the colour in the bottle but it is too cool-toned for my skin and I just can't pull it off. Although I tell others it looks great on them (if it does!!) I can't really wear blues or silvers so it sits waiting for others to choose

It's one thing to not liki a colour on oneself .... But it is silly for anyone to let that opinion influence one not to recommend it to others!!

I would never wear Cocoa on its own, but it's one of the most popular colours in the salon; so many of our older clients love it! I wouldn't omit having that colour on my rack just because I personally wouldn't wear it.

It is one of my most favourite colours with a thin black free edge (like the ones you did, Ceri!). I also sometimes add a black half moon as well. PURE CLASS

I agree with Jen ... How can anyone not like this colour? Beautiful painting too Jeni as always. X

Hey Geeg, i really want to try doing a half moon with these 2 colours.. I just want to know, do you use those reinforcement tapes to get a perfect moon? If so are you appling tape over Cityscape after cure? How does this work? Sorry questions!

I love love live Cityscape it's one of my favourites!
And I agree...there's lots of colours which I would never wear on myself but look beautiful on other people. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339832472.722740.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339832472.722740.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,050

Jen, is that Cityscape on it's own you have here, or something layered over it giving the shimmer?

It is layered with silver VIP for a bit of depth.
Jen xx

Thank you, they really compliment each other.

Hey Geeg, i really want to try doing a half moon with these 2 colours.. I just want to know, do you use those reinforcement tapes to get a perfect moon? If so are you appling tape over Cityscape after cure? How does this work? Sorry questions!

I just paint them on with a small brush and Blackpool ... so much quicker and less hassle than using any kind of form.

Latest posts

Back