Shellac & Colour/Effects

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Afternoon, all :D

I have finally decided to get rid of my old polishes and switch to the CND Colour/Effects range.

My main priority is to get the colours that I have in Shellac first (so my ladies can have matching toes).

I have looked it up on cnd.com and found the majority of combos to make my colours... however, I'm 5 short!
I was just wondering if anyone could give me the same, if not very similar, layering combos to create:

DARK LAVA, RUBBLE, HOTSKI TO TCHOTCHKE, PURPLE PURPLE and MOONLIGHT AND ROSES

I've never used the CND Colour/Effects range before so apologies if I sound really silly.

So far, I've got:
Fireberry, Asphalt, Eclectic Purple, Cream Washed, Creamy Cameo, Raisin in the Sun, Bloodline, Raspberry Plunge, Girlie Pink, Marshmallow Rose, Raspberry Parfait, Brilliant White, Blackjack, Desert Suede and Silver Chrome... with effects (Emerald Shimmer, Ice Blue Shimmer, Lavender Pearl, Gold Pearl and Copper Pearl).

Can anyone recommend other colours that are really popular? Should I look at getting the primary colours and some more effects?

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone.

xxx

Afternoon, all :D

I have finally decided to get rid of my old polishes and switch to the CND Colour/Effects range.

My main priority is to get the colours that I have in Shellac first (so my ladies can have matching toes).

I have looked it up on cnd.com and found the majority of combos to make my colours... however, I'm 5 short!
I was just wondering if anyone could give me the same, if not very similar, layering combos to create:

DARK LAVA, RUBBLE, HOTSKI TO TCHOTCHKE, PURPLE PURPLE and MOONLIGHT AND ROSES

I've never used the CND Colour/Effects range before so apologies if I sound really silly.

xxx
Rubble is Sophia from the Jason Woo polish collection.

For Hotski, how about anchor blue & 2 or 3x emerald shimmer.

Have a look here CND Monday – Anchor Blue Colour with Emerald Shimmer Effect | All Lacquered Up. It's not quite the same, but if you layered on the emerald shimmer it might work.

Just a tip: the old enamels often had matching names (i.e. there is a Hotski vintage nail enamel), but the colour/effects were introduced to simplify things. So instead of having 2 reds of the same shade with a different "effect", you now just have the colour and the effect separately, meaning less polishes to buy. With the Shellac PPs with an "effect" you should be able to find the nearest Colour and then layer an Effect on to get the match.

If you go to your distributor they'll probably let you try some layering with a tester or colour pop before your purchase.

xx

Last edited:
If they want matching toes why dont you get them to have Shellac toes, you have all the benefits of Shellac and none of the downfalls of polish.

Even if the colour is slightly different I find that clients dont really mind as its a long way from their fingers.

Karaxxx

Thanks, everyone :)

I spoke to a lady called Erica on the S2 website who was very helpful, she told me the combinations for Hotski and Moonlight & Roses, unfortunately the others don't have matches apparently (besides Sophia from the Jason Wu Collection, which can't be bought separately :cry:

Feeling very naughty as I've emptied my bank account now! 32 polishes and a Roo Trolley/Rucksack and I can safely say my purse is begging me to stop :wink2:

For anyone wondering, here are the 2 combos:
M&R = Cream Washed & Lavender Pearl
Hotski = Anchor Blue & Gold Pearl

xxx

If they want matching toes why dont you get them to have Shellac toes, you have all the benefits of Shellac and none of the downfalls of polish.

Even if the colour is slightly different I find that clients dont really mind as its a long way from their fingers.

Karaxxx

Kara, mainly because polish lasts longer on toes so they don't necessarily need Shellac! Some people can't afford both (I know I couldn't, unfortunately).

The deciding factor for me was because a lady requested Shellac on one hand with polish on the other (she doesn't use one hand so it lasts the same and it makes it cheaper for her). I wanted the combos so they wouldn't look odd.

Cheers everyone :)

xxx

Latest posts

Back