Shellac - colour on colour appears different on palette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxiwoo

Reaction score
Hi nail geeks. I did a set of Shellac last week - the lady picked 41 on the colour palette supplied with the Shellac kit which is a combo of purple purple & moonlight & roses. On the chart it looks more pink but what I ended up with looked completely different - it was very lilac. I applied 2 coats of purple purple (because thought it looked quite wishy washy) and 1 coat of moonlight & roses. Has anyone else tried this colour on the palette? or any of the other combos for that matter & did they look ok?

In my honest opinion, I do not go by the colour palettes. I create my own colour pops using the colours or blends I have in stock and which I am able to provide.

Much more accurate in my opinion. Takes more time but worth it.

Hi

I made a note of this from a previous thread, it should actually say rubble & moonlight & roses, it's a misprint, hope this helps, x

What is this colour pallet you speak of and how can I lay my hands on one, any advice/help appreciated. I love CND shellac whoop whoop x

The colour chart came with the shellac wall mounted shelving unit. It had all the colours that were available then (I think it went up to but didn't include the limeade collection). There was space to add a few more.

I personally find colourpops much better as you can easily add to them, the colours are 100% true and they're easy for clients to put against their skin.

as others have said, painting your own colourpops is by far the best comparison.

I had an epic fail when a client chose Tropix using the palette. The shade appears to have changed in my newer Tropix bottles - the shade is no longer represented by the palette shade. The client didn't like the new shade but thankfully a layer of iced coral over her tropix nails diffused the situation.

the palette is now tucked away in a drawer - colourpops are king! xx

I found mine was purple.. The leopard print one, that was purple purple with moonlight and roses.

Attachments

• 988634_1420012138218291_902622697_n.jpg
    988634_1420012138218291_902622697_n.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 317
Thx everyone - well that would make sense if its a misprint - you'd think Sweet Squared would have advised on this when I bought it as I now have offered the lady a new set for free as was not colour she wanted. Will make my own colour pops as you guys have suggested.

Thx everyone - well that would make sense if its a misprint - you'd think Sweet Squared would have advised on this when I bought it as I now have offered the lady a new set for free as was not colour she wanted. Will make my own colour pops as you guys have suggested.

I don't think the colour match issue is just a problem with S2 though. I know other companies where the colours don't quite match and then it becomes more confusing when the company changes manufacturers and the colour displays change in tone.

This is why doing your own colour pops/wheel etc... is better in the long run.

Why don't you politely try contacting S2 expaining your concern and how your client was not happy with the colour match. They may be willing to help you. Nothing ventured noing gained, lol :wink2:

Latest posts

Back