Shellac colours in yellow and colour changing blue?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elainel

Reaction score
Could anyone please correct me if I am wrong but I am not aware of CND selling custard yellow Shellac colour? similarly a blue colour changing polish? quoted from a Facebook page below ...

Various colours to choose from including colour changing polish which changes with the temperature!

Really?!

So could someone please help me get my facts right and confirm if a yellow and a colour changing Shellac does or / doesn't exist, (certainly not in the CND catalogue!) mabye they were made for a different market, eg America or Australasia? or mabye they are colours from a different gel system that they are just sandwiching together with Shellac top and base? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I've never heard of these two colours with CND shellac.

They might just be using the word shellac cause its so popular like a lot of techs do or could it be that they've used additives or something
xxx

Thanks Stephiebaby, doubt it is Additives though given the prices they are charging ...

Never heard of this, it's either a load of lies or sky shellac maybe, wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

Never heard of colour changing before! As for yellow it could be additive as I did blue and yellow nails yesterday using studio white and additives :) x

Okay so I am willing to accept it could be additives for the yellow. They are only charging a tenner for it though so I seriously doubt its a full Shellac service with additives.

Okay so I am willing to accept it could be additives for the yellow. They are only charging a tenner for it though so I seriously doubt its a full Shellac service with additives.

Charging £10 is say its fake shellac so could be cco shellac or bluesky shellac. Or it could be a gel polish that they are then using the shellac name for.

xxx

Does CND offer Shellac in a dark navy blue kind of colour? I have seen somoene on facebook also advertising their nails as Shellac with this type of colour. I use Gelish but I do have a close eye on CND Shellac as I'm probably going to introduce it in future, I've just never seen that colour on Sweet Squared.

Does CND offer Shellac in a dark navy blue kind of colour? I have seen somoene on facebook also advertising their nails as Shellac with this type of colour. I use Gelish but I do have a close eye on CND Shellac as I'm probably going to introduce it in future, I've just never seen that colour on Sweet Squared.
They don't at the moment although a midnight blue is coming out soon. I make dark navy by layering with shellac or with additives so it could be shellac.

Hi ya, you can get a beautiful shade of deep navy blue by layering shellac black pool and cnd additive blue. I'm impressed :)

Negligee over Blackpool makes a lovely navy x

Latest posts

Back