Shellac colours to get next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasnails

Reaction score
HI all!

Ok so I am deciding on the next four colours to get
I already have 8
Cream puff
Negligee
Strawberry smoothie
tutti fruiti
Tropix
Hollywood
Masquerade and
Rock Royalty

the next four colours I am trying to decide on are:
Black pool (definite as I need a black)
iced cappachino (for layering)
Zillonaire (for sparkles)
hotski to tchotchke
and Purple purple

I would love to buy them all at the moment but I can only get 4...! it is nearly winter here so would like some dark and vibrate colours and also some good for layering!

so if you were to leave one of these colours off the order which one would it be or what other four would you recommend?

I have looked at the colours guide in the shellac lovers group and it helped me with my first choices just hard to pick the next four!

Do you iced coral for layering or do you definitely mean iced cappuccino? I would get iced coral.

If I was to leave one off of your list it would be hotski, I've only used it twice but now we are getting into the Summer months in UK it may get used more.

HTH x

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

ive only just got shellac hun, got the 3.0 collection so i have purple purple and hotski, i cant see hotski being a colour ppl go for so would leave that off the list definitely xx

Out of those I would leave Hotski, mine has only been used once on myself and once on a client. Wish I bought something else!

Do you iced coral for layering or do you definitely mean iced cappuccino? I would get iced coral.

If I was to leave one off of your list it would be hotski, I've only used it twice but now we are getting into the Summer months in UK it may get used more.

HTH x

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

whoops my bad yes it must be iced coral (that is the best one for layering)?
thanks for the reply :)

ive only just got shellac hun, got the 3.0 collection so i have purple purple and hotski, i cant see hotski being a colour ppl go for so would leave that off the list definitely xx

Thanks for the advise I thought that one was a really cool colour but is in not as popular as the rest?

Last edited:
I agree with leaving hotski. In our salon it isn't a very popular colour at the moment :)

Out of those I would leave Hotski, mine has only been used once on myself and once on a client. Wish I bought something else!

thanks for this! so you all think that hotski should be left out on the next order? do you think the other three are good choices then?

Thanks in advance :)

I agree with leaving hotski. In our salon it isn't a very popular colour at the moment :)

Thanks for your reply! It will make my ordering alot easier now :)

thanks for this! so you all think that hotski should be left out on the next order? do you think the other three are good choices then?

Thanks in advance :)

I've used mine three times this week... I only bought it Tuesday x

I put hot ski on this week and 2 of my clients copied me lol! I think it will be popular on toes. X

I use hotski a lot but if you're getting blackpool and iced coral you can layer them and you do a get a turquoisey colour which doesn't have the same depth as hotski but would do for now.

My must have colours are red baroness and hot chilis - both really popular all year round.

purple purple is a really nice colour so would keep that one, its kind of purple and blue depending on the light xx

What age are your client base?

If they are younger, Hotski could well be popular especially on toes

If they are older I would go with the Iced Cappucino as that seems popular with 40+ers (hate to pigeonhole tho lol)

Purple Purple I have never used (but then my clientele is mainly older)

hi
if you join the shellac group thers a really good post on there about which colours to have and theres loads of ideas on layering so might help you decide hth xx

Iced Capucinno has been a big hit with me!

What age are your client base?

If they are younger, Hotski could well be popular especially on toes

If they are older I would go with the Iced Cappucino as that seems popular with 40+ers (hate to pigeonhole tho lol)

Purple Purple I have never used (but then my clientele is mainly older)

They range from early 20's to late 60's ha ha but majority are in there late 40's :)

hi
if you join the shellac group thers a really good post on there about which colours to have and theres loads of ideas on layering so might help you decide hth xx

Hi thanks I have joined and there is lots of useful info and I have seen alot of layering combos but still wasn't able to choose my next few he he

I put hot ski on this week and 2 of my clients copied me lol! I think it will be popular on toes. X

Hmmm maybe if I get it and put it on my nails as I hadn't had anyone use strawberry smoothies but then I put it on my nails then had my next 2 clients want it.... So I def do think we are our own best advertising :)

Hi not a nail professional but my mum is a nail tech and im a huge shellac lover, had every colour but my favourite is wildfire!! Its the shiniest, glossiest red ever (the one they use in the posters). My mum does nails in my hairdressers and wildfire is def one of her bestsellers as it suits everyone

Hmmm maybe if I get it and put it on my nails as I hadn't had anyone use strawberry smoothies but then I put it on my nails then had my next 2 clients want it.... So I def do think we are our own best advertising :)

Sure we are! People always ask oh what are you wearing? Then they want it!

Latest posts

Back