Shellac complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hiya. Had a shellac client in on tuesday who had french polish. She has txt this morning to say the shellac has chipped in 3 places. I followed all the correct prodecures with the client. I did my own shellac that day without even following any of the procedures. Litterally just threw the polish on and cured it. Mine is still on perfectly. I hav offered a soak off and re application for free...... i wish i hadnt as mine are still perfect. What would u of done?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always offer repairs as long at in a certain time frame I don't mind it's important your clients feel cared for and customer service is everything in our industry.

Whats your time frame? 7 days? X

Yes within the first week

Are u just starting out doing nails?

Ok fab thanks. Ive been doing shellac around 12 months and this is my first complaint. X

Have you seen them and asked usual questions about what she's been up to lately/ aftercare etc? Also ask her to email a picture if she can.

as she is a new client I agree with Abby Customer care is very important, so I would offer to re do the nails that have chipped (soak off and reapply) and I would check the other nails. If they are ok then leave them alone and see what happens.

If her natural nails are in a good condition and you applied correctly there is no reason why they would chip so it will have to be something she's been using or doing. Perhaps if her nails are a little challenged thin/ bendy or peeling you could suggest a brisa lite overlay underneath.

Havent seen them face to face but she has sent a pic and there is a chip on the thumb and finger inbetween index and ring finger

Sorry i sent it early lol.
Shebis a domestic cleaner but swore she wore gloves. She swore she has followed correct procedure. What can i say? Ive explained i did my own nails the same day as her without taking the same care and affection and mine are still on. Ive opened boxes, worked with acetone and everything and they are still going strong. It was to be the after care. I think yes will soak off and apply fresh nails and if it happens again explain it must be an aftercare issue i will be more than happy to reapply with full charge x

Forgot to mention her nails seemed in lovely co dition to me also. Thanks for your replies. All my regular shellac users can go 4 weeks untill they come back so was shocked to hear this set chipped in a few days. X

Up to 14 days chip free, IF the client is looking after them? Never promise or guarantee as you have no idea what they have done once out the door. Why set yourself up for possible complaints? Everywhere we look at CND ads its the same advertisement, UP TO... not 14 days. If they chipped too soon then they may need additional strength in the form of BL smoothing gel? Shellac is not suited to everyone, that's why CND offers other systems to suit every client :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Absolutly Biljana. She was under thr impression they just "grow out" and will be on over 5 weeks. I was like woah no... so explained about the "14 day mani" yes a shame. Its got to be after care issues. Forst complaint in 12 months. Bulbs are a week old, everything done to procedure but ues u r correct customer service is number 1 so will treat her right xx

Latest posts

Back