Shellac course complete and kit on the way!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks I did a Shellac course Tuesday just passed and loved it!!! I can't wait to get stuck into it now :) I will have my kit come next week and I have started with 8 colours as that's all I could afford but will be getting more yah!! So I manly do l&p and my clients like there acrylics- l&p's but would like to do shellac on there toes which is fine but I really want to get stuck into shellac so need to find a way to get more shellac clients!! I have never advertised before but maybe I should now or put a sign out side saying I offer shellac! loving that I have a certificate on it.... It's pretty flash too!!

We told all our l&p clients that Shellac was a natural nail treatment and not for those who need enhancements. At a stroke, this eliminated all of them wanting to remove their enhancements to try it!

We used Shellac on our manicure clients and the word spread like wildfire! It didn't take any persuasion for our natural nail clients to try it (they trust us and try anything we suggest) and We never never needed to advertise it. Word of mouth and our own enthusiasm for the product sells Shellac to every manicure client we have. It has upped our salon revenue by a third (and we have a very busy salon). Happy days!

Last edited:
Great to hear thanks Gigi yeah a few of my clients so far have said oh you do Shellac now, I know alot of people that get that done so I have given business cards to give to those people I really can't wait till I have a good client base just for shellac! A few if my friends been asking bout it so can't wait to try it so I believe it should be easy the name it's self is easy to sell! Would love for my business to increase by 1/3 like yours! :)

Great to hear thanks Gigi yeah a few of my clients so far have said oh you do Shellac now, I know alot of people that get that done so I have given business cards to give to those people I really can't wait till I have a good client base just for shellac! A few if my friends been asking bout it so can't wait to try it so I believe it should be easy the name it's self is easy to sell! Would love for my business to increase by 1/3 like yours! :)

I honestly believe that most people who have a proper business and have gone on a class and learned about Shellac and how to really use it the way it should be used, would tell you they have had the same experience as we have.

We do NOT want to give up our core business, which is enhancements ... I personally would be bored to tears just painting nails all day with Shellac or anything else! :lol: We need the creativity (and the regular revenue) from enhancements and it is what we are known for, for miles around.

My advice is don't let your enthusiasm for Shellac make you all 'gung ho' to change all your enhancement clients to Shellac. You will have problems if you do because some will have issues unless you really make them commit to having their nails nice and short for a month or so while they get used to Shellacked nails.

We litterally make our enhancement clients BEG for Shellac. We tell them exactly the issues they will have in front of them if they convert to using it and we have NONE of them come back moaning about chipping or peeling ... Because they are aware that post enhanced nails may do this for awhile after the change over. I believe in being up-front with clients about everything. It works and saves you allot of hassle in the end.

I'm sure you are going to love offering Shellac and that your business will benefit hugely from it. X

Last edited:
I honestly believe that most people who have a proper business and have gone on a class and learned about Shellac and how to really use it the way it should be used, would tell you they have had the same experience as we have.

We do NOT want to give up our core business, which is enhancements ... I personally would be bored to tears just painting nails all day with Shellac or anything else! :lol: We need the creativity (and the regular revenue) from enhancements and it is what we are known for, for miles around.

My advice is don't let your enthusiasm for Shellac make you all 'gung ho' to change all your enhancement clients to Shellac. You will have problems if you do because some will have issues unless you really make them commit to having their nails nice and short for a month or so while they get used to Shellacked nails.

We litterally make our enhancement clients BEG for Shellac. We tell them exactly the issues they will have in front of them if they convert to using it and we have NONE of them come back moaning about chipping or peeling ... Because they are aware that post enhanced nails may do this for awhile after the change over. I believe in being up-front with clients about everything. It works and saves you allot of hassle in the end.

I'm sure you are going to love offering Shellac and that your business will benefit hugely from it. X

Omg I so agree with you I LOVE doing l&p and it is more money and my clients that have asked about if I have explained that it's more a power polish for people with strong-ish natural nails they all love there l&p anyway but have polish on toes so wi benefit them there! But as it's new for me it's exciting so I do want some purely shellac clients which I will get but I do believe if that was all I was doing I would get a bit bored :p

Latest posts

Back