Shellac curing times

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
What are the curing times for shellac with LED?

If you are using the cnd luv lamp and shellac its base coat 10 second and everything else 2mins

If you are using the cnd luv lamp and shellac its base coat 10 second and everything else 2mins

Thank you but I want to know the times for curing with LED light

Using cnd shellac with cnd led lamp times are. Base 10 sec. Colour coat & top are 60 sec x

Using cnd shellac with cnd led lamp times are. Base 10 sec. Colour coat & top are 60 sec x

Thanks abi crunch. So it saves 3 minutes on a regular service. Do you use it? Do you find LED as good with regards longevity and finish?

Sorry I don't use Led. I've heard so many bad reports so I'm sticking to my uv one for now xx

Thanks abi crunch. So it saves 3 minutes on a regular service. Do you use it? Do you find LED as good with regards longevity and finish?

Longevity is brilliant, finish is even better than the UV lamp especially combined with the Xpress 5 top coat. All my clients comment on the speed even though I always worked with 2 UV lamps. I love my CND LED lamp!

30 secs each layer...my gel manis last 3 weeks before chipping

I love my led lamp - I've never had any issues and some clients have lasted 3 weeks without chipping xx

Sorry is it 10 seconds and 60 seconds or every layer 30 seconds. There are two different replies

Sorry is it 10 seconds and 60 seconds or every layer 30 seconds. There are two different replies

It is 10 seconds for basecoat, 60 seconds for colour coat and topcoat. The CND lamps have preprogrammed buttons for those times so there is no dispute. For full disclosure, the 10 seconds basecoat setting flashes 5 times, and the topcoat setting also flashes for the first 10 seconds to help prevent exothermic reaction. A lamp that does anything different is not a genuine CND lamp.

The previous post saying 30 seconds is incorrect.

Latest posts

Back