Shellac display chart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Morning!

I've been in a bit of a pickle recently trying to work out how to reorganise my Shellac colours now that there is a new collection out. I cracked it this morning by dragging out my spinner rack and putting a few old empty bottles on there so it doesn't look strange with just one bottle of Clearly Pink ;)

BUT... I still have a problem. I'm a bit anal about these things and I'd really like to display the new colours on the Shellac chart but I only have 2 free "windows" left! I've never liked how there are some random mixed colours on there too (numbers 37 to 45) - has anyone ever removed them? If so, how? I don't want to try only to ruin it as I know you can't use acetone on it but unsure how easy it would be to peel them out.

How is everyone going to display theirs? Do you reckon CND will bring out a bigger display chart?

Hmmmm...

Xxx

When I say Shellac display chart, I
mean that thing that came with the wall/spinner rack (see pic)!

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364889064.022664.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364889064.022664.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 642
Sorry I can't help, but what did you do about the colours that aren't quite right like the purple purple? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Here is my wall rack - the spaces are for the new collection:

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364889874.998216.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364889874.998216.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 880
I painted on top of the layered colours instead of from underneath. You just need an orange stick to keep your edges sharp. Best doing the dark colours too as otherwise the old colours show through.

Hope that makes sense x

I painted on top of the layered colours instead of from underneath. You just need an orange stick to keep your edges sharp. Best doing the dark colours too as otherwise the old colours show through.

Hope that makes sense x

Ahhh Redduck you're a genius! I wonder if the new colours will be dark enough to cover them? I hope so! Now to choose which ones to cover up ;)

Xxx

Hope that makes sense x

That's a good idea :) but then it won't correspond with the numbers on the back. And I'm a bit anal too!

We are going to run out of spaces eventually so I think I will just paint them on a colour pop and eventually work something out.

Maybe paint a layer of cream puff on top of the old colours you don't like then the new colours so that it hides the colour underneath

Or another idea is if you have the wall and spinner rack you will have to display things so just paint the next colours on there!!

That's a good idea :) but then it won't correspond with the numbers on the back. And I'm a bit anal too!

We are going to run out of spaces eventually so I think I will just paint them on a colour pop and eventually work something out.

There aren't numbers on the bottom row anyway so I've just peeled the number stickers off... Everything's blank :) I know the colours by name anyway so it's not an issue. I may just peel the back sticker off too and replace it with my logo! Can't stand things not being right LOL

Xxx

Maybe paint a layer of cream puff on top of the old colours you don't like then the new colours so that it hides the colour underneath

Or another idea is if you have the wall and spinner rack you will have to display things so just paint the next colours on there!!

Even better, thank you! Unfortunately my 2nd display chart snapped when I was building a bookshelf for the Home Salon... I lost my balance and stood on it :( that'll teach me for leaving things all over the floor, I should be more organised!

Xxx

Here is my wall rack - the spaces are for the new collection:

Xxx

Can I ask is your wall rack set up like the S2 brochure? I need to reorganise mine! Mine are in order the colours came out! ;)

There aren't numbers on the bottom row anyway so I've just peeled the number stickers off... Everything's blank :) I know the colours by name anyway so it's not an issue. I may just peel the back sticker off too and replace it with my logo! Can't stand things not being right LOL

Xxx

Yeah I was meaning more the back sticker, my clients always want to look at the names and if they're all muddled up they won't be happy haha!

I was thinking of just getting these colour pops on a chain and you can slot in the new colours as you go. I've seen people with these before. But I will wait just now, CND might bring a new display out?

I knew this display would get confusing one day lol

Even better, thank you! Unfortunately my 2nd display chart snapped when I was building a bookshelf for the Home Salon... I lost my balance and stood on it :( that'll teach me for leaving things all over the floor, I should be more organised!

Xxx

Hi I have two and only use one so if you want my spare display chart you can pm me your address and I will send you it. I never added any new colours to mine and just started doing the new colours on pops. I love your colours set out like that on your wall display.Think I maybe have to reshuffle mine about like yours. I have two racks, one is full and other has shellac ,glitter and foils on it. And when I get the new colours tomorrow will be overflowing. Oh the stress of OCD with shellac and glitter eh? Bliss. 😃 x

Just to let you all now i successfully removed the shellac from my chart (i too hate the "layered" choices they had that looked nothing like the colours when you actually layered them) I soaked a a cotton bud in acetone and rubbed it on the back of the chart and it took the shellac right out without warping or discoloring the plastic. I just did it nice and quickly and the to finish gave it a really quick sweep of a lint free pad soaked with acetone worked a treat and now i have more space on the chart for new colours yeahhhh :D

Just to let you all now i successfully removed the shellac from my chart (i too hate the "layered" choices they had that looked nothing like the colours when you actually layered them) I soaked a a cotton bud in acetone and rubbed it on the back of the chart and it took the shellac right out without warping or discoloring the plastic. I just did it nice and quickly and the to finish gave it a really quick sweep of a lint free pad soaked with acetone worked a treat and now i have more space on the chart for new colours yeahhhh :D

I will try that later today, thank you!

It worked!! You're a star. Well done for being brave enough ;)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Xxx

Hi I have two and only use one so if you want my spare display chart you can pm me your address and I will send you it. I never added any new colours to mine and just started doing the new colours on pops. I love your colours set out like that on your wall display.Think I maybe have to reshuffle mine about like yours. I have two racks, one is full and other has shellac ,glitter and foils on it. And when I get the new colours tomorrow will be overflowing. Oh the stress of OCD with shellac and glitter eh? Bliss. 😃 x

Awww Hun that is such a lovely gesture! I'm always so humbled by how kind everyone is on here. I've solved the problem now thanks to nooreenoconnor so you should keep yours for future releases! I've got 7 spaces left after this new lot arrive so I'm gonna have other issues in another few months *sigh* haha!

Xxx

Awww Hun that is such a lovely gesture! I'm always so humbled by how kind everyone is on here. I've solved the problem now thanks to nooreenoconnor so you should keep yours for future releases! I've got 7 spaces left after this new lot arrive so I'm gonna have other issues in another few months *sigh* haha!

Xxx

Honestly you can have it as I don't use the display chart as I prefer to put them on pops ringed together. Maybe you could use it for the glitters? Or save it for future colours. Up to you. It's no probs to send you it. 😃 X

Can I just ask... Do you all think the shellac display chart is actually true to the colours? I ordered one a few months ago and have never used it as I think most of them look nothing like what the shellac colours actually are? Especially the pinks. Is this just me?x

Wow! I'm going to try this :)

Latest posts

Back