Shellac. Do I really need a CND UV Lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can someone tell me TRUTHFULLY if i really need a shellac specific uv lamp for shellac manicures...only when i asked about this with the representative on the phone they said that if you cure with a normal lamp they cannot guarantee the 14 day wear of the hybrid gel???

Is this really true or is it just another way to make us spend another £100?

Let me know cos i really like the product. : )

I believe you do need it and to be honest I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to get it. Hand on heart it is the best lamp I have ever bought, in fact it's so good I bought 2 (and no I don't have money to burn)

I have just ordered my shellac and I am now saving for the lamp! I have read loads of threads on here where people have used different lamps and as geeg says you cant see a complete cure. The shellac lamp and brisa lamp will cure shellac completly and that is what you are paying for. If you want the best from a product then you need to use the best tools. If you are offering a premium service and your clients are paying accordingly then a professional product should be used.
If I am wrong then I am sure someone will come along and correct me. I personally will sit and wait till I can afford the lamp before using my shellac.
hth

I tried it without the Shellac lamp and found it did not work as well. The Shellac lamp with its five finger cure and timer has saved me a lot of time and time is money in our business. Before it did not last well or chipped on my clients and now I have none of that. I felt if I was going to invest in the line I might as well as do it proper and correctly for best results. I paid $177 here in Canada for it and found that was cheap compared to the money I have made from offering the service. I bought a second one as well as I loved it so. One of my suppliers here has no problem getting the lamp in unlike other places as it has not caught on here yet so no one is buying them except me.:lol: So run out and get one and in a week or two you will have paid it off. I was busy before but now with Shellac it has exploded! $$$$ My clients love it.

S.

We started off using an OPI microbond lamp. We struggled with some of the colours. I bit the bullet and bought the brisa lamp. Makes a huge difference.

How much is CND charging for bottles of shellac? I'm about to offer this product through a mobile business as I think it is fantastic and want to know what I should be charging. I'm guessing around £20 with a basic manicure. I don't yet have an account with them but I will be faxing my cert as I love shellac and minx and want to go through the pros for this.

I have used my 36 watt lamp to cure SHELLAC and not had any complaints so far but haven't tried it with the darker colours so it may not work for them.
I desperately want to buy the SHELLAC lamp even though it's not long since I bought my Daylight lamp but it still out of stock. I have gained clients I wouldn't have got by using SHELLAC as soon as I could get hold of enough colours.

WE know it's not easy BUT Please help us by supplying, CND USA!

I used a different lamp whilst waiting for my Brisa lamp to arrive, and it didn't work very well at all, after a day or two they peeled off and I reckon you'd lose custoers by not investing in the right lamp because the finish won't be anywhere near as good or last as long. It really DOES work.

I brought a non branded 36W UV lamp from Olympia for £36

It cures Shellac perfectly. No service breakdown, no undercuring, no chipping, no wearing, no problems at all.

***Lemmonie adorns her flame proof suit***

I brought a non branded 36W UV lamp from Olympia for £36

It cures Shellac perfectly. No service breakdown, no undercuring, no chipping, no wearing, no problems at all.

***Lemmonie adorns her flame proof suit***

You can't see any undercuring.

I can tell you honestly that as long as you have a 36watt lamp it should work fine. I use the PNI lamp and my clients are getting 2-3 weeks from their Shellac. The only real difference is that the CND lamp has a fancier timer.

I can tell you honestly that as long as you have a 36watt lamp it should work fine. I use the PNI lamp and my clients are getting 2-3 weeks from their Shellac. The only real difference is that the CND lamp has a fancier timer.

Wattage has NOTHING to do with curing a product ... you may have got lucky with one lamp that may have the high out-put uv bulbs essential to fully cure shellac ... maybe you got lucky with how the bulbs are placed to ensure the cure with Shellac ... but to give out false information like (any old 36 watt uv lamp will cure shellac) is wrong to do on a forum and your info re wattage is incorrect as well.

The Shellac/CND uv lamp has everything you need to guarantee the Shellac service .. designed for 5 finger cure and perfect bulb placement for hands or feet PLUS high energy uv output bulbs. If you want guaranteed success with Shellac then you need the lamp that goes with the system ...

IF you want to be anxious over your service, IF you want to worry about whether or not your service has had a complete cure, IF you want to worry about service breakdown and dissatisfied clients ... then go ahead and buy/use any old uv lamp you want and see how you get on. I would never take those risks with my business.

Amen to all that! Now I just need my lamp! Did my Shellac training two months ago, bought the kit and put a deposit down on the lamp. Still waiting! I haven't been tempted to go with another lamp because of the training and all the feedback on here about using the wrong lamp.

I understand the overwhelming demand for lamps as a result of this, and don't at all blame S2 - they can't distribute what they don't have. But at the beginning of June it was "by the end of June", then "first weeks of July" then "end of July" then "not before August" and as of yesterday it's "mid to late August". Come on CND - I love your products, I just want to be able to use them!

Dragging this one out of the basket will probably pee a good few of you off but I'm curious to know.....

New to using shellac, why is it only the CND lamp that cures it? What could possibly be the difference between another curing lamp (36W, 4 bulbs, 5 finger cure) that looks exactly the same minus the logo and price tag? I just don't get it :confused: I'm sure when I have had shellac in salons they have not had the CND lamp and yet the treatment worked fine and lasted 2 weeks?

Dragging this one out of the basket will probably pee a good few of you off but I'm curious to know.....

New to using shellac, why is it only the CND lamp that cures it? What could possibly be the difference between another curing lamp (36W, 4 bulbs, 5 finger cure) that looks exactly the same minus the logo and price tag? I just don't get it :confused: I'm sure when I have had shellac in salons they have not had the CND lamp and yet the treatment worked fine and lasted 2 weeks?

Please dont take offence but Geeg's post really already answers this question. Its been explained countless times on here why we need the CND or Brisa lamp. Why are people still questioning it :irked:

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me TRUTHFULLY if i really need a shellac specific uv lamp for shellac manicures...only when i asked about this with the representative on the phone they said that if you cure with a normal lamp they cannot guarantee the 14 day wear of the hybrid gel???

Is this really true or is it just another way to make us spend another £100?

Let me know cos i really like the product. : )

I tried an off brand lamp. Worked well on the lighter colors of Shellac; however, dark colors like Fedora rippled mercilously! Check ebay. I got a REAL CND lamp for significantly less and that included shipping.

Please dont take offence but Geeg's post really already answers this question. Its been explained countless times on here why we need the CND or Brisa lamp. Why are people still questioning it :irked:

No offence taken, and I'm not being offensive here but geeg works for/has worked for CND

It probably keeps popping up because its hard to understand how the exact same kind of lamp could make a difference, personally I (and probably a lot of others) believe it could just be because of the missing logo!

Last edited:
You don't need their lamp at all, i have a lamp that i baught from sallys and it is perfect for shellac have done plenty of clients and they all lasted great!! if you'd prefer to get theirs then thats up to you but u definitely dont need one to do a good shellac. x

I have a 36 watt table lamp, will that cure shellac!?

No! Wattage is, as already stated, the power it takes for the lamp to work and so I fail to see why anyone would, after so much debate, still seem to think this will have any relevance to the UV output. It doesnt. None. Diddly squat.

The CND lamp features the highest UV output of all the lamps on the market. So unless there is a lamp that emits the same level of UV output (which there IS NOT) then no other lamp will be capable of fully curing shellac. It really is that simple.
Sure you can try and mess using other lamps but they wont fully cure the product, even if it seems that way. You cant claim to give clients a shellac service as if your not using the system and your only half curing the product then its not even shellac your giving them. I dont even need to go into the service breakdown, over exposure etc etc etc... do i!?

I can Squeeze my foot into a size 4 pair of heels, it wont be comfy,it will be tight and i will get sores and blisters but my foot will squeeze in there all the same. Does that make me a 4?
No, because I'm not and 5 fits perfectly without these problems... so why would i wanna use the 4 unless i'm silly!?

Does that answer your question!?

No offence taken, and I'm not being offensive here but geeg works for/has worked for CND

It probably keeps popping up because its hard to understand how the exact same kind of lamp could make a difference, personally I (and probably a lot of others) believe it could just be because of the missing logo!

well if you understand that its not even close to the same kind of lamp then maybe you would begin to understand. Whats missing is the extra amount of ESSENTIAL UV output that is NEEDED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back