Shellac fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibi Lashes

Reaction score
Hi

I know there are threads on here re this but I'm really concerned as its only June and already I've had three ladies, and myself, who have bad fading.

I met with one last night who I did last Saturday, so only 8 days and her beautiful bright pink nails were now an opaque whitey pale pink. I shall take a photo of them when she comes back this week as I was really shocked!!

I've invested so much money in this and as I live in Spain have a real fear that this is going to put people off if their nails are fading so quickly. Its quite disappointing.

Is it just the pink colours that fade so bad and why is it?

I've just started with a new top coat so its not that.

She does have a pool so swims but surely it should be designed to withstand this or its just not going to be suitable for warm climates?

Please help.

THANKS

Chlorine could possibly be lightening the shellac, dry the nails asap. insect repellents and tanning oils can also have an effect. Are you recommending and using solar oil twice a day? X

Hi

I know there are threads on here re this but I'm really concerned as its only June and already I've had three ladies, and myself, who have bad fading.

I met with one last night who I did last Saturday, so only 8 days and her beautiful bright pink nails were now an opaque whitey pale pink. I shall take a photo of them when she comes back this week as I was really shocked!!

I've invested so much money in this and as I live in Spain have a real fear that this is going to put people off if their nails are fading so quickly. Its quite disappointing.

Is it just the pink colours that fade so bad and why is it?

I've just started with a new top coat so its not that.

She does have a pool so swims but surely it should be designed to withstand this or its just not going to be suitable for warm climates?

Please help.

THANKS
Hi i was wondering did you go on a shellac training course ? I know you don't need to go on a course but if you did go on a course did they tell you anything about fading.

From other threads I have read on here in the past, it does seem to be the pinks that are particularly prone to fading. Washing hands after swimming, and avoiding suncreams with DEET in them seem to be the main bits of advice.

From other threads I have read on here in the past, it does seem to be the pinks that are particularly prone to fading. Washing hands after swimming, and avoiding suncreams with DEET in them seem to be the main bits of advice.

Helbels hit the nail on the head. Also wiping the nails after sunscreen and coming out of the pool and use your solar oil. Fingernail fixer im sure did an article for nails mag about this last year, worth a read.

Ive also read pink in particular is one of the less stable pigments (please someone correct me if im wrong). Last year a gel polish brand had fading issues with pink, so please dont panic this is not exclusive to shellac, its the pink pigment.

Shellac is successfully used abroad, just ask geeg honey, you just need to know the correct aftercare advice to give to your clients.

Love n hugs x x x

But didn't you say it's happend to you too?? Have you urself Bn swimming using sun cream etc? Xxx

I had a lady who chose Gotcha and when I redone them they were very faded. She hadn't been on holiday, doesn't swim. Plays bowls but I don't think that has anything to do with it :)
They had been on 4 weeks so bit longer then recommend.
Vicki x

Hi Ladies

Thank you so much for your replies, much appreciated.

I did indeed go on a CND Shellac course but fading wasn't covered.

I have instructed her to use Solar Oil and will definitely let her know about washing her hands after the pool - perhaps her pool is very chlorinated.

Mine did fade but not nearly as bad as hers, but then I haven't been swimming, thought it was just general fading due to the sun and suntan oil, I kind of expect some fading in the sun - bit like the clothes!! Was just so shocked when I saw her practically colour free nails!!!

Will see how she gets on with her next set, will persuade her to go with another colour I think to compare.

Cheers xx

Latest posts

Back