Shellac for the 1st time!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
Well all my Shellac stuff arrived in the post today and I just couldn't wait to try it out!
OMG I see what the hype is about- it FABULOUS!! I've done my own nails with dark lava and the colour is beautiful :Love::Love::Love:
It did take me 50 mins lol but I'm sure I'll improve on that over time.
Going to be flashing my nails about now and get some customers- VERY impressed!:D:D:D

I did my first shellac last week was a wedding trial for the bride first time i had used she loved it and i still havent got round to doing my own nails yet lol x

How exciting! Can't wait 2 get my kit 2gether and get going with it :) what colours did u order 2 get started? Theres So many and they all look great! Xx

How exciting! Can't wait 2 get my kit 2gether and get going with it :) what colours did u order 2 get started? Theres So many and they all look great! Xx

The special offer set containing (zillionaire, moonlight and roses, studio white, asphalt, hotski to tchotchke and purple purple) also tutti frutti, tropix and dark lava.

Think I'll get beau and red baroness when I go to the shop on Monday xx

Don't forget about layering options too :) .. Even more colours X

Well all my Shellac stuff arrived in the post today and I just couldn't wait to try it out!
OMG I see what the hype is about- it FABULOUS!! I've done my own nails with dark lava and the colour is beautiful :Love::Love::Love:
Going to be flashing my nails about now and get some customers- VERY impressed!:D:D:D

Good colour choice, it's gorgeious isn't it?! 50 mins isn't too bad for your first attempt, especially doing it on yourself. You will be addicted now you've tried it!

i love it too, didnt think i would but wish id got is sooner!!i got mine about a month or so ago

i also got the set plus hot pop pink, wildfire, cream puff, fedora and hot chillis!!i keep changing my colour to see what they look like!!

lucy, whats tropix like?thats next on my list xx

If you order the wall rack souz it comes with a plastic colour guide (like a collection of colour pops) with all the colours on it, it's brilliant. Some of them look so different to how I'd imagined! Tropix looks fab, I can see why it's so popular. A lovely pinky coral. Similar to I Eat Mainely Lobster if you're familiar with OPI enamel colours! :D

If you order the wall rack souz it comes with a plastic colour guide (like a collection of colour pops) with all the colours on it, it's brilliant. Some of them look so different to how I'd imagined! Tropix looks fab, I can see why it's so popular. A lovely pinky coral. Similar to I Eat Mainely Lobster if you're familiar with OPI enamel colours! :D

ive ordered the spinning rack as i work in my conservatory an didnt want the shellac bottles on the wall exposed to sunlight, the spinning rack i will take out when not in there......im just waiting for it to arrive but keep ordering colours in the meantime lol

i love it too, didnt think i would but wish id got is sooner!!i got mine about a month or so ago

i also got the set plus hot pop pink, wildfire, cream puff, fedora and hot chillis!!i keep changing my colour to see what they look like!!

lucy, whats tropix like?thats next on my list xx
Tropix is really nice! Very summery, I've put it on my toes :D
I want to try some other colours out- I'm going to waste loads on myself lol
The colour nail tip chart that comes with the rack/spinner is so useful as some of the colours look different in the bottle to how they look on!
I just keep staring at my fingers as they look so shiny and lovely- even my husband noticed and said that my nail polish looked HD!!!:D

Last edited:
i work in my conservatory
Heads up... If you get a lot of sunlight, you'll ruin your shellac... And any other uv based product. Make yourself a tent, or shield, to put over her hands while working out there. :) perhaps you already knew that, but just in case...

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Just to add to this, I removed my shellac yesterday and was gobsmacked at how quick and easy it was! It really does come off perfectly in 10 mins:D
The only product that I can even vaguely compare it too is cuccio soak of gel ( which I didn't find good really) and there is just no comparison whatsoever!!!
I will happily and confidentially be able to offer Shellac to my clients knowing how fabulous it is!!!
And to think when I first joined this site I wrote a post titled ' what's so special about Shellac?' LOL......everything is!!:D:D:D

Just to add to this, I removed my shellac yesterday and was gobsmacked at how quick and easy it was! It really does come off perfectly in 10 mins:D
The only product that I can even vaguely compare it too is cuccio soak of gel ( which I didn't find good really) and there is just no comparison whatsoever!!!
I will happily and confidentially be able to offer Shellac to my clients knowing how fabulous it is!!!
And to think when I first joined this site I wrote a post titled ' what's so special about Shellac?' LOL......everything is!!:D:D:D

Sounds fab, I am so excited for mine to arrive! I ordered the new package last week and can't wait to have a play about with layering and the additives! Some of the pictures on here are amazing :)

I loved reading your comments, my Shellac is coming tomorrow and nobody else 'gets' how excited I am about it !! I've lost sleep thinking about all the different colours, layering options and effects that I can do and how I am going to incorporate them into my business.

I haven't tried it yet, although I now have 10 colours excluding my french white and pink. So I think that is a good start to my colours :)

I will be removing my gelish tonight and trying Shellac on myself tomorrow

I do gelish but have a CND lamp and keep thinking I may have to do the training for shellac, saw dark lava in the S2 catalogue and it looks lush, similar to my fave gelish colour - bella's vampire, have fun :) xx

It is so exciting to be able to offer both.

So I do Gelish and Shellac :)

Well, I did my Shellac for the first time today. It will take some getting used too from Gelish, as obviously with it not being a Gel, it is abit more runny. I also notice it can look abit more streaky too. But it still give a beautiful shine, and will hopefully last well for me.

nail.jpg

Latest posts

Back