Shellac french patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
This is only my second salongeek post so please be gentle!!!

I am truly loving Shellac - have done the inspiring cnd course and read lots of helpful threads on here (thank you xx).

All is well except I find i am getting a patchy finish to my french white and its bugging me :eek:

I am shaking the bottle like a mad woman; applying what I think is a reasonable amount of product; going back over to brush off excess.

No doubt in my mind at all that the problem is something that I'm doing and not the product.

Please would you help me troubleshoot? I so want to get it right.

Xxxx

Talk us through your process.........

Are you remembering "thin to win"?

You need to use a very light touch when applying your French White... the more pressure you use, the more it will look patchy, so remember, a very light touch and your French should look perfect.

Imagine the nails are a bomb ready to explode and you have to paint them and not let that bomb go off!! :)

HTHs :hug:

Process is

Pep - file, loads of cuticle work, thorough scrubfresh inc underneath
Base cure 10 sec
Negligee cure 2 min
Studio white. It goes on patchy at this point. Cure 2 min
Top coat. Cure 2 min
Dsperse and solar oil

I like the idea of treating the nail like a bomb!, Genius analogy lol

Think i may be a bit heavy handed with the brush - good point

Grrrrr. In keeping with my rock'n'roll lifestyle i will spend tonight in pj's practising practising xxxxx

I recently did a 1 to 1 with an EA at Manchester and learned this invaluable bit of advice!

Base coat
1 Negligee
1 thin coat studio - cure 10 sec
1 coat studio or Cream puff - cure 2mins
1 negligee/moonlight/mother
1 top

Works a dream
xx

I recently did a 1 to 1 with an EA at Manchester and learned this invaluable bit of advice!

Base coat
1 Negligee
1 thin coat studio - cure 10 sec
1 coat studio or Cream puff - cure 2mins
1 negligee/moonlight/mother
1 top

Works a dream
xx

Was that a typo or do u actually cure the first coat of white for 2 secs mrsp? And how does it help? X

10 seconds - I was shown this by an EA and it works really well!!

thin coat of studio and then 10 seconds - straight back in with a full coat of studio or cream puff and the full 2mins.

Its fab!:biggrin:

it 'locks' the colur - just like Brisa does - it's so thin it just provides a base for the actual smile line...

I must try this. What does it help with? Patchiness? Isn't this undercuring though? X

I dont get any patches because the negligee provides a fab base - so if you need to swipe the smile the negligee is still in tact.

The first smile line is so thin 10 second locks it - so in effect you probably put about the same on but in 1 very thin coat and one normal thin coat.

I did think it was a rather genius way to do it and had my doubts about the 10 seconds - but I've been doing this now for about 5 months! :wink2:

My french are now always perfect thanks to the CND EA!!:biggrin:

Hmm I will give it a go. X

thank you for this tip. Going to try it this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back