Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roll on 1st May .................. :hug:

The biggest difference is that Shellac is not a soak off gel, it is a hybrid of gel and polish. There is nothing like it on the market. Saw it this weekend and it is BRILLIANT!!! The application, look, feel and best of all removal were just fabulous, we were amazed and thrilled! The removal alone is applause worthy ;) when you get all the extra details at the Event and see it, you will be so amazed :D
Posted via Mobile Device

I just rang sweetsquared about it, as I figured the price of a ticket to the event would be worth it if all 12 colours etc were included. They seemed a little unsure. As the event is Saturday and Sunday I can't go anyway as I am in salon Saturday. They were also unsure if I could buy the shellac without a cnd cert. Which I am NOT gonna do.
Hopefully they will supply it.

All 12 colours come in the kit? That's bloody brilliant. I thought there would be a couple but not all 12.

The difference is... that Shellac is CND and the rest are not..... :D

You always know you will get something different from CND that is true ... there are many many differences between Shellac and coloured gels.

I think everything will be clear after the EVENT (for info if you'd like to attend call 08452106060). Shellac will certainly be introduced there but there will also be much much more.

Curious as to when this will be available here in Canada. Looking forward to the colour selection (and I'm sure considerable pricing difference vs other "soak-off" colour gels)

Now how can any nail tech worth his/her salt and who cares about their career turn down the opportunity to partake of that and get to meet and listen to Doug Schoon??? :lol:

I am personally very excited to hear about Shellac BUT (and this is wear I start to sound grumpy :)) I cannot come to the Event and this doesn't mean I don't care about my career it means I can't come to the Event. Last time those of us who couldn't come ended up feeling like 2nd class geeks and I really hope that doesn't happen this time :irked:.

I know it's a great do, fantastic education and a wicked party but life means that loads of us can't go. I will get quite fed up if every thread for the next 6 weeks is about the Event. Like I say, I know I sound grumpy but I've been here before.

I will definitely be adding Shellac to my product line and am very excited to find out more about it!

I am personally very excited to hear about Shellac BUT (and this is wear I start to sound grumpy :)) I cannot come to the Event and this doesn't mean I don't care about my career it means I can't come to the Event. Last time those of us who couldn't come ended up feeling like 2nd class geeks and I really hope that doesn't happen this time :irked:.

I know it's a great do, fantastic education and a wicked party but life means that loads of us can't go. I will get quite fed up if every thread for the next 6 weeks is about the Event. Like I say, I know I sound grumpy but I've been here before.

I will definitely be adding Shellac to my product line and am very excited to find out more about it!

Well, Vetty, I think you know my comment was made 'tongue in cheek' hence the :lol:

No one I am aware of would make anyone feel 2nd class if they are disappointed in not being able to attend the EVENT. However, I'm sure many will be talking about it and I'm sure you can swallow your disappointment at not being able to attend as we will have to do in not seeing you there.

Take your grumpy hat off and smile .. there is always the next one. :hug:

I cannot come this year due to funds! :( :( :( BUT i will DEF be there next year and if i win the lottery or guild comp i will just have to buy Shellac in may. Im so excited to hear about it.

Well, Vetty, I think you know my comment was made 'tongue in cheek' hence the :lol:

No one I am aware of would make anyone feel 2nd class if they are disappointed in not being able to attend the EVENT. However, I'm sure many will be talking about it and I'm sure you can swallow your disappointment at not being able to attend as we will have to do in not seeing you there.

I know it was tongue in cheek, but I also remember how a lot of us were made to feel last time!

My grumpy hat never lasts long, and luckily early May is quite exciting in the the Vetty household on a personal level (a certain birthday!), which will help ease the disappointment...... Maybe I should ask for money so I can buy the Shellac kit or is that taking dedication to my career a bit far :lol::lol:!!!

Yvette, us hair geeks are always a bit left out, I will just skulk around the hair forum!
Life happens, we cant all be at every party x

Well I WANT to come! But 17hr flight at the cost of $1000 ticket! LOL and the hotel fee (Or I will stay with geeg! ROFL!) And then the ost to C D N! I think I will wait till it comes to the states! lol :hug:

The answer to your question is this ...........

Naturally CND will only be selling to trained professionals.
If you have a valid training certificate from any recognized source OR if you hold your Level 3 manicure and pedicure, then you can purchase Shellac without training ... it is that easy to use ... but don't think for an instant that its simplicity lessens its effectiveness. It never alters its original appearance in over 2 weeks and it never lifts or chips ... It's flexibility with the natural nail is awesome and you never see a stretch mark of any kind; it stays perfect. Being a hybrid gel, it is completely dry on curing. No matter what system you use, you can buy Shellac from CND.

Naturally being CND we will be offering a 2 hour free class with the purchase of the professional kit to anyone who wants to partake of it (there are always hints and tricks to be learned with anything new).

Both the free training and a kit will be gifted to you when you attend the EVENT in May!!! Now how can any nail tech worth his/her salt and who cares about their career turn down the opportunity to partake of that and get to meet and listen to Doug Schoon??? :lol:

:eek:OMG You have just made my day Geeg.
:hug:Now I really cant wait for the next 6 weeks to fly by.
Jen xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooo Hooooo..........

Gigi i was feeling a little down in the dumps with a downward smile (family crap as per) but reading what you said about the kits and the event im now looking more like this :green:

Roll on friday 30th april when my weekend to the event starts!!

Soooo glad i used my savings to this years events (family going without a holiday this year but sod it, this is MY time) :lol::lol:

Yvette, us hair geeks are always a bit left out, I will just skulk around the hair forum!

how can anyone be left out when EVERYONE was invited....? :)....you could if you wanted to just get a ticket for the after party...its a sit down meal and awards, music, dancing ect...maybe thats an option for some...??? :hug:

Can anyone in the know tell me if the full kit includes all 12 colours? Seems a lot.

Bagpuss, I appreciate the sentiment and the invite! Yes I was invited by SS. Although I have a beauty salon, I'm a hair bod. Nail things would be kinda wasted on me!
You are welcome to come to the next Redken or L'oreal do I attend though. x

I hear ya!!

I know, I just wanted to make the point.....!!

Ah well, there will be at least 2 of us on here that weekend, lol :lol::lol:

Guys... Not sure where the idea came about that Event attendees get 12 colours... or any specifics for that matter. There isn't a Shellac kit that "includes one of everything". Although this isn't the place to get into it - its safe to say that the ticket price is less than the value of the gifts (let alone the education and experience).

Guys... Not sure where the idea came about that Event attendees get 12 colours... or any specifics for that matter. There isn't a Shellac kit that "includes one of everything". Although this isn't the place to get into it - its safe to say that the ticket price is less than the value of the gifts (let alone the education and experience).

Someone said it in an earlier post. Thought 12 colours in a kit was a bit much. Never heard of a kit that big before.

Latest posts

Back