Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeg or anyone else whose been using shellac a little longer, have you worn Shellac for a period over 2 weeks? How much longer are we talking to remove after this time?

Hi is the lamp UV or LED. Thanx :biggrin:

Hi is the lamp UV or LED. Thanx :biggrin:

Shellac is a revolutionary new uv nail system, so I am asuming it is a uv lamp! x

sounds like a great product !! best of luck to all involved :Love:

I read on the thread that the recommended way to do a spa treatment is to apply the shellac after prep and then do the spa components.

Does anybody that went to the event know why this is the case?

Geeg or anyone else whose been using shellac a little longer, have you worn Shellac for a period over 2 weeks? How much longer are we talking to remove after this time?

Not much, a few extra minutes.

I read on the thread that the recommended way to do a spa treatment is to apply the shellac after prep and then do the spa components.

Does anybody that went to the event know why this is the case?

So your Shellac can bond to the clean, temporarily dehydrated nail plate BEFORE the oils and moisturising agents in your SpaManicure or SpaPedicure products penetrate into the nail.
And of course you can exfoliate happily after Shellac has been applied with no worry of smudges or scratches! Isn't that cool? :D

Last edited:
Thanks Fee

It will feel a bit weird doing it backwards to start with lol

in my manicure procedure I soak the nails in CND Almond bath, which is quite oily, before I apply cuticle remover and do cuticle work. Can I not do this with Shellac? would you just soak nails/cuticles in warm water???

Thanks Fee

It will feel a bit weird doing it backwards to start with lol

It will do, lol :) It felt weird for me the first few times. But I like doing it this way now because I get all the practical nail stuff sorted first, then the client and I can relax into the massage and pamper knowing we don't have to mess around with wet polish at the end of the treatment. And they are soooo amazed that the Shellac stays perfect and shinny after all the exfoliation/massage/paraffin wax/etc, gives her an extra wee buzz - something else to tell her friends, "..and you know she did it all in a different order this time because the Shellac is dry right away, it's really amazing...."
:)

in my manicure procedure I soak the nails in CND Almond bath, which is quite oily, before I apply cuticle remover and do cuticle work. Can I not do this with Shellac? would you just soak nails/cuticles in warm water???

CND Almond Milk Bath is such a lovely product :)
I would absolutely still use it, just change the order of your procedure.
P.E.P. the fingernails FIRST, then apply Shellac, THEN go for the Milk Bath and on to the rest of the treatment.
Your client's nails and skin will still benefit massively from this stage, with or without the Shellac coating the nail plate.
HTH!

How much are you charging for Shellac?
How much for a saok off/ removal?
I am so stuck with what prices to charge? x

As for prices I think I have decided at last!
My file and polish alone is £7 and full manicure £12
I was thinking £15 for shellac (file & polish)
Making it up to £20 for full manicure, inc, exfoliating, lotion etc.

I will advise that removal is included in the £15 or £20 if they return for a new colour. i.e. they wont pay extra for removal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am really concerned that some of you are charging way too cheap for you manicures!

You are using premium products and should charge accordingly!

I am really concerned that some of you are charging way too cheap for you manicures!

You are using premium products and should charge accordingly!

Me too.

I charge £12.50 for a File and Polish £1.50 extra for French

£25 for Luxury spa Manicure

A File and Polish with Shellac will be £20 extra £2.50 for French

Bargain price of £30/£32.50 for Luxury spa Manicure with Shellac

I was thinking of charging £20-25 for a Shellac coat inc file and cuticle tidy, similar to my Minx pricing. It's another high end product. Don't want to price it too cheap.

As for prices I think I have decided at last!
My file and polish alone is £7 and full manicure £12
I was thinking £15 for shellac (file & polish)
Making it up to £20 for full manicure, inc, exfoliating, lotion etc.

I will advise that removal is included in the £15 or £20 if they return for a new colour. i.e. they wont pay extra for removal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sharon - how much will you charge for removal alone?
Will you charge anymore for toes and french?

I too am thinking of the removal in with the price, but still not 100% sure on prices but at the moment am thinking;
£20 Shellac manicure or pedicure
(removal if needed, file, cuticle tidy, shellac colour or french)
Shellac manicure & pedicure - £35
Removal alone - £8
Add-on to any manicure or pedicure - £10

I am thinking I will do a special offer of £15 for may/june or an ongoing offer of £15 for your very first Shellac!
Any feedback on that would be great xx

I am aware my prices seem cheap. However I work from my home salon and clients expect a lower price than that of a salon, regardless of product used.
I charge £25 for minx toes but business has been fairly slow so far. I think people find that a bit too expensive. I really want to attract regular clients with shellac and i think with a reasonable price this may do the trick.

I will however consider saying it is an opening offer and see how it goes. Once folk get hooked I could increase prices if I feel the need.

I thought of £5 for removal alone as it would only take around £20 mins of my time.

I am aware my prices seem cheap. However I work from my home salon and clients expect a lower price than that of a salon, regardless of product used.
I charge £25 for minx toes but business has been fairly slow so far. I think people find that a bit too expensive. I really want to attract regular clients with shellac and i think with a reasonable price this may do the trick.

I will however consider saying it is an opening offer and see how it goes. Once folk get hooked I could increase prices if I feel the need.

I thought of £5 for removal alone as it would only take around £20 mins of my time.

I appreciate you are working from home. The problem being if you charge a too cheap price for your treatments you arent actually going to be making any money so what is the point in doing the treatment anyway.

How long does it take you to do a manicure from the client arriving at your property to leaving through the door? You dont just have the products to pay for you have all the equipment you need to buy, all your training costs, all your bills to pay as well as taking an income to keep your home and family afloat.

It just doesnt make good business sense.

My Shellac pricing is the same as my Minx Pricing. They are both premium treatments and can be used as an 'add on' to a regular treatment.

Latest posts

Back