Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok,, have have read through all the thread and am excited as my kit is waiting for me at the salon. Now, when I ordered I wasn't told I needed the d-sperse.....I am now panicing that I wont be able to offer Shellac without it!!!
Can I use anything else until I can get some?.. It's currently out of stock!!!
ARRGGHHHHH!!!!

I used acetone free polish remover and it appears fine. I may get shot for this statement (lol). I'm off to hide! :o

Ok,, have have read through all the thread and am excited as my kit is waiting for me at the salon. Now, when I ordered I wasn't told I needed the d-sperse.....I am now panicing that I wont be able to offer Shellac without it!!!
ARRGGHHHHH!!!!

any alcohol non acetone wipe....

Cnd nail varnish remover any good? The Pink one....got loads of that as I never use it!!

Sorry 'enamel' remover!!

Last edited:
Cnd nail varnish remover any good? The Pink one....got loads of that as I never use it!!

Sorry 'enamel' remover!!
that's not alcohol that's acetone and acetone is what removes / disintergrates Shellac. Try Vodka... that's alcohol!!:twisted:

Sorry 'enamel' remover!!
does it contain acetone

Try Vodka... that's alcohol!!:twisted:

What a waste.....can't imagine any self respecting geek using vodka FOR NAILS!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I have some cheap old crap I can use!!! Save me good stuff for celebrating Shellac!!!
Thanks Sam,, will use that til I can get my order in!!

I think I finally get it, after sitting here with a pen for ages lol
So if My normal Manicure is £18.00 ... My shellac Manicure would be £27.00 .... This will include a soak off after 2 weeks
My basic manicure is only £10.00 Just cuticle work, file and polish... this would be £15.00 with shellac... including soak off after 2 weeks .... this seems waaayyyy low though !

And then I am thinking if my full sets of liquid and powder nails will be £30-35 ish.... they would then be £36-42 ish... including soak off after 2 weeks....

My prices in the salon from working as employed were £28.50 for tip and overlay, My prices are due to go up now I am self employed in the same salon, SOME clients think THIS is a lot of money !!!!!!

I am totally unsure how to target the correct market that understand I don't do nails for £20 like such a such a salon because my nails are worth a hell of a lot more...

Hmmm I don't get it after all, I am really trying But Its not sinking in :sad:

ARRGGHHHHH!!!!

I read on here that one of the Fiona's - not sure which one used CND Cool Blue, until she had the d-sperse (sp?).

I read on here that one of the Fiona's - not sure which one used CND Cool Blue, until she had the d-sperse (sp?).

We were told at the Event to avoid Coolblue though....as it has Acetone in it. :?:

Can I ask you guys that have done them for a couple of days - are you doing a dry prep or wet prep using cuticle away/cuticle remover? Have you found much difference doing it either way?

Wee Fee used Cool Blue to remove the inhibition layer on me yesterday. There was D-sperse ther but I think she just chose to use Cool Blue.

OK this is just getting more confusing by the second. There are 3 x D products:
  • d.colour (nail polish remover)
  • d.sperse (isoproply alcohol to remove inhibiton layer of gel which includes HYBRID UV3 Shellac)
  • d.solve (which 'dissolves' product as it is acetone - so 'product remover)
BEFORE we had d.sperse which arrived just before The Event, we didn't have a product so we used CoolBlue because that was all we had.

I Shellaced my nails at home and totally forgot about the inhibition layer and all I had was vodka so I popped a tiny bit on a HandsDown pad and removed it. No of course that was not professional but it was all I had and needs must. Same goes for CoolBlue...

Now however we have the tools we need - d.sperse which is the professional product created to remove the inhibition layer.

Are we all clear:?: :o

i think its so fab to see so many of us interested in a new idea.
just shows how nail techs are willing to move with the times and build their skills constantly.

i think its so fab to see so many of us interested in a new idea.
just shows how nail techs are willing to move with the times and build their skills constantly.

Totally agreed Susan, I guess I am worried by the 'various' elements of info that doesn't appear all present and correct. I want to make sure those at The Event and more so- those that weren't - get the best out this amazing treatment and are using all the correct products at the right time.

BTW I just Shellaced my own nails with Romantique... I did have d.sperse (so glad I didn't have to resort to Vodka again)... and they look gorgeous! I just LOVE that I can actually do my own nails with this without resorting to shouting at The Geek!:D

I just got the kit today and not done the training yet. Could wait to take it home and try out on myself!!

In the middle of it now and having problems. BTW, I'm trained in nails, but don't do them as I have a nail tech in the salon. What is the inhibition layer? I'm guessing this is after you put the UV top coat on you wipe with d.sperse? No lint-free wipes at home, can I use cotton wool discs? I take it you don't cure the topcoat?

Put the two coats on, curing each time, but my thumb colour has sort of shrunk back a bit from the cuticle. What I'm a doing wrong?

Do a thin coats of each, curing in between and sealing the free edge.

1 x base coat
2 x colour
1 x top coat

Each coat is cured in the lamp. So each hand goes in the lamp 4 times in total. Once you have cured the top coat you wipe to remove the inhibition layer with Isopropyl(sp) Alcohol. Cotton pads should be fine.

Each time any gel is cured there is an inhibiting layer to remove. If you are applying another coat of gel on top there is no need to remove the layer.

I have Red Baroness on my pinky from Shellac Attack yesterday and it still looks perfect.

The base coat is only cured for 10 seconds, all others - colour and topcoat- are cured for 2 minutes each.

Latest posts

Back