Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lamp arrived today, I see what people have been talking about regarding getting the top off! It took me 2 hours and 3 people to get the top off, a little press release button on the side would have been so much easier!

Anyway I did my nails tonight in wildfire and I LOVE them, very simple to do, look lovely, just need to practise my french application now. The french finger & toe photos on the "Shellac Lovers" group look beautiful! x

Question for those who managed to get the lid off their lamp!

HOW!

Have the whole kaboodle & not had a play yet, can't get the thing off & am frightened incase I break it!

Getting the lid off is easy when you have a CND EA show you!!! LOL!!!

Turn your lamp on it's side, face it towards you so you can slip your hand in and apply gentle pressure down on the base and up on the lid so that it just clicks undone. It is so easy especially the first time when there are no bulbs in it :D

When the bulbs are in then it's a little more difficult. Again with the lamp on it's side I press down on the solid part and slightly lift the casing that I'm trying to remove. With the bulbs in it's more difficult but I tend to lift at the entrance to the lamp.

Whatever you do DON'T force it :twisted:

I hope I have explained that properly and that it helps :o:o

Good luck xxxx

Nikki - I wish I knew that yesterday morning!
I was getting so frustrated with mine! In the end I had my lamp inbetween my knees holding the handle with one end a pulling the top part downwards, which luckily worked!
I am dreading the day I have to change the bulbs again! x

When doing toes, do you have to remove the tray or does it work ok with feet on the white thing? x

When doing toes, do you have to remove the tray or does it work ok with feet on the white thing?
The removable tray is there so that you can fit feet in the lamp comfortably :)

Here are my first try with Shellac done yesterday with Tutti Fruitie.

I am testing them for the wearability with all the waxing and oils I use ... will keep you all updated on their progress.... but loving the easability of them and the colours are gorgeous :)

shellac nails 1.jpg

Hi there all you Shellac geeks, please help Shellac is shrinking away from the free edge of my own nails, have done other people and this hasnt happened( i have the same problem with soak off gels & nail polish) have been really careful with the nail prep & scrub fresh but its still happening , what i am doing wrong . i love everything about Shellac its fantastic but i want to be able to wear it too, im so frustrated any tips please please
Drewiex:sad:

Hi there all you Shellac geeks, please help Shellac is shrinking away from the free edge of my own nails, have done other people and this hasnt happened( i have the same problem with soak off gels & nail polish) have been really careful with the nail prep & scrub fresh but its still happening , what i am doing wrong . i love everything about Shellac its fantastic but i want to be able to wear it too, im so frustrated any tips please please
Drewiex:sad:

Are you carefully capping the free edge? You have to cap with all 4 coats of product. :D

I have done my own nails twice with Shellac now and have not had this problem. HTH xx

Yes have capped the free edge really well, it hasnt happened with clients i have done just me:sad:

It is not a problem with Shellac. Sadly it is a continuing problem with you and your particular body chemistry. If it happens to you with polish and gels etc then it is not going to be any different with Shellac. Neither does Shellac shrink so it is not shrinkage. It is sad for you but if that is the way you are then you can't change it. :hug:

Thank you for replying Gigi, but have just picked up on another thread the way you have told someone else to cap the free edge, going to try this way as its not the way i do it so im sure your tried and tested way will be much better. will let you know xx

Hi,

Can someone tell me how geeg advised to cap the free edge then please, I want to have my first try of Shellac later today and don't want to do anything worng

thanks guys

Hi,

Can someone tell me how geeg advised to cap the free edge then please, I want to have my first try of Shellac later today and don't want to do anything worng

thanks guys

It will be on the other Shellac thread.

Thank you The Beauty Zoo! Got the lid off!

Well after days of deciding & reading EVERY single shellac thread, I have finally decided on my prices :D

Shellac Manicure or Pedicure - £20

Shellac French Manicure or Pedicure - £25
Shellac Manicure & Pedicure - £35
Shellac French Manicure & Pedicure - £45
(Removal if needed, File, Cuticle Tidy & Colour)
Removal only - £8
Add Shellac onto any other Manicure or Pedicure - £10

Does this sound & read ok to everyone?
Do you think £5 is alot extra to charge for french?
xxx

Quick question........can shellac top coat be used alone on top of l&p enhancements or does it need the base coat?

I usually buff to a shine but used to have 2 ladies that wanted clear polish as they preferred it, just thinking Shellac would be a longer lasting solution for them.

Quick question........can shellac top coat be used alone on top of l&p enhancements or does it need the base coat?

I usually buff to a shine but used to have 2 ladies that wanted clear polish as they preferred it, just thinking Shellac would be a longer lasting solution for them.

If you want to give your clients top coat protective shine then you need to use CND Brisa Gloss, which is not removed with remover. Shellac breaks down in acetone. If you want a removeable top coat gloss which is allot less expensive than Shellac, then use two thin coats of CND Air Dry.

If you want to give your clients top coat protective shine then you need to use CND Brisa Gloss, which is not removed with remover. Shellac breaks down in acetone. If you want a removeable top coat gloss which is allot less expensive than Shellac, then use two thin coats of CND Air Dry.

Ok, noted, but this leads me to more questions. I have not trained in Brisa so have never used it, how long would it take to cure? (My new lamp should be received tomorrow with the shellac kit)

Most l&p clients wouldn't have their nails by acetone as they don't tend to do anything between appointments, so would Shellac top coat on it's own be ok? Or would you still go for the Brisa Gloss?

Ok, noted, but this leads me to more questions. I have not trained in Brisa so have never used it, how long would it take to cure? (My new lamp should be received tomorrow with the shellac kit)

Most l&p clients wouldn't have their nails by acetone as they don't tend to do anything between appointments, so would Shellac top coat on it's own be ok? Or would you still go for the Brisa Gloss?

Beauty Shed if I remember correctly, when we asked this question to Kristina Estabrooks from Team CND (she did our Regional training and also The Event), she told us that due to the 'makeup' of Shellac, the UV top coat is designed to be used over Shellac due to the 'tiny tunnels'. Please go to cnd.com to here how Shellac is removed and it will become clear.

We need to remember that Shellac is NOT a gel but a hybrid of both gel and polish so it doesn't work the same way as a traditional UV top coat. My suggestion is to try it if you must and it will put your mind to rest. But I would recommend Brisa Gloss if you are wanting to use over L+P or traditional gel. Again - I am all for systems so I would recommend you use Shellac treatments with the Shellac system.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back