Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I did say this myself to them but they said all lamps cure it, and they have had problems with all colors but lamps are available yet where they are so hopefully when they get the new lamp they will be fine :D

Well they are wrong .. simple as that.

When they get the new lamp they WILL be fine and maybe have learned something in the process; that something being that what they think i8s cured when they use any lamp .. is NOT. Hence the difficulties they are having.

You know, Shellac is a completely brilliant product. I've never used anything like it and I have used LOADS of coloured gels before the Shellac UV3 HYBRID colour coat system was released. NOTHING performs like Shellac.

I am a really busy and active person ..especially with my hands .. you only have to look at how much typing I do :D as well as cooking and all other household chores, without gloves (hate wearing gloves). NEVER in the whole months I have been wearing Shellac have I experienced any wearing or any chipping ... not a tiny bit. This is unheard of for me before. It is also unheard of for me to be wearing natural nails and not enhancements, yet it has been nearly 3 months now that I have been enhancement free. Who knew??? I forgot what my nails natural looked like even. Well I know now .. they look gorgeous with Shellac.

Geeg is right. Using the correct lamp is so important.

My friend went to get her nails shellaced. She mentioned the light the lady used doesn't look like mine. She loved them and nothing happened for 7 days. Then day 8, her shellac shattered across her nails and there were also lifting and peeling...!!

At first, the nails LOOK like that have been cured ok because we always assume that nails that are not cured should wipe off, be sticky, dull etc etc.. So when the shellac nails come out of that lamp and they look perfect, you automatically think that the 'wrong' lamp has worked.

It is not until a few days or a week afterwards when you start to get some service breakdown that it tells you, actually, the lamp didn't work afterall.

I think though, the ones who are using the wrong lamp are not the worse, it is the ones who uses the wrong lamp resulting in service breakdown and then STILL refuses to change their lamp because 'they know best' who I think needs to be seriously educated.

I have a lady who wants Shellac on her hands but just wants it clear, no colour. Please can you tell me how I would do this?
One coat UV base coat, then what?!
Thanks awfully

I have a lady who wants Shellac on her hands but just wants it clear, no colour. Please can you tell me how I would do this?
One coat UV base coat, then what?!
Thanks awfully

1 x base coat
2 x top coat

or

1 x base coat
1 x negligee or 2
1 x top coat

Brilliant, thanks!

Don't suppose you know what's up with cnd.com, do you, Geeg?
It's been down all day!

Brilliant, thanks!

Don't suppose you know what's up with cnd.com, do you, Geeg?
It's been down all day!

I don't know what's up but there is something up .. it was reported on FB!! Thank god for the www eh??

1 x base coat
2 x top coat

or

1 x base coat
1 x negligee or 2
1 x top coat

Geeg, if you was to do the 2 x top coat would you wipe the inhibition layer between each top coat or just once at the end? x

Geeg, if you was to do the 2 x top coat would you wipe the inhibition layer between each top coat or just once at the end? x

Just once at the end. Remember there is an inhibition layer on every layer that you apply and we don't wipe in between each layer do we .... only the last layer do you wipe it away.

OK i'm hooked! How and where can I get training on Shellac? Where can i purchase the kit from? I live on Leicestershire/Warwickshire boarder. I have manicure qualification.

OK i'm hooked! How and where can I get training on Shellac? Where can i purchase the kit from? I live on Leicestershire/Warwickshire boarder. I have manicure qualification.

lol ....:D

Call Sweet Squared on 08452106060 they will fill you in on everything you need to know.

Click on 'groups' above and join the Shellac Lovers group and all your questions will be answered there re Shellac .

Welcome to the site.

If they are not using the correct tools for the job - they can not expect the results that those of you using the correct tools of the trade are getting.

We dont insist that you use the the Birsa / NEW CND Lamp for no good reason.

Sadly I can not make comment when they are are using the incorrect lamp with incorrect UV output.

Hiya Can you message me when the light comes back into stock i really want to get the kit. Thanks Lorraine

Can confirm That after another million haircuts my shellaced nails are STILL PRISTINE. I cannot, cannot believe what I am seeing.

Hiya Can you message me when the light comes back into stock i really want to get the kit. Thanks Lorraine

Please call S2 - 0845 210 6060 and the team will be able to tell you when they are on stock. We also have Brisa lamps on stock now, that will cure SHELLAC.

So, i used the Shellac for the first time last week. After curing the nails, the polish just wiped right off :irked:
Anyone know why it would happen?
Here's the deal: I used my IBD lamp (2 bulbs). Do I need a larger lamp with more bulbs, maybe?

So, i used the Shellac for the first time last week. After curing the nails, the polish just wiped right off :irked:
Anyone know why it would happen?
Here's the deal: I used my IBD lamp (2 bulbs). Do I need a larger lamp with more bulbs, maybe?

:lol::rolleyes:

Hi, you just need the right lamp for the job. You get them from CND. :)

haha - should have read further. Okay, so I need a Brisa lamp, right? I can't wait till they have a course available for this in my area! I want to learn everything I possibly can about this new product!
Just a thought:
Anyone tried the OPI permanent polish? Is it worthy? I use mainly OPI products, so would like to stay with their product, if possible. However, if it's not up to snuff, I'd gladly switch over to CND for this product.

Hi - a lot of my clients now prefer Shellac on their toes instead of using a Gel - much easier for sporty people
Have you removed Shellac from toes with the wraps? Would it make sense to do this with cotton and alumimum for a better fit - what have your experiences been? I was just way too fast to recommend the product to paying clients on seeing the results on hands but never actually tried to remove it from toes - stupid I know but Ive got a paying customer coming in after 6 weeks for a redo and well .. Id rather not faff in front of her. I read that the longer Shellac is on the longer it takes to come off - so Im thinking removal will take 20 mins?
Thanks for any info
Cait:confused:

Latest posts

Back