Shellac from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOTE to self:
WIN danish national lottery...
Buy shellac...
Buy all colours and effects...
Buy all MINX designs...
Go to the event and meet all these fab GEEKS.....

:irked:Unfortunately this is only going to happen if the first thing on the list comes through... off to buy lottery ticket, keep'em crossed everybody:hug::lol::lol:

There's been talk of Shellac on our beauty forum, and a CND rep mentioned this "UV3 Technology". Can someone describe this to me in actual scientific terms because it sounds like a silly buzzword to me. I am all for marketing, and ads, and hype for a product, but CND is usually pretty good about giving the scientific backing for their words. So any takers on "UV3 technology"?

The only thing I cn think of is that there is a new lamp with maybe special output? :lol:

STOP making assumptions people ......... all in due course! There is a new lamp BUT no one will have to buy a new lamp if they already have a Brisa lamp or a lamp with the same UV out put as the Brisa bulbs.

3-free formula does not contain Formaldehyde,
Toluene or Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP).

No drying time as you would cure with UV Lamp.

"Hybrid" taking the best bits from polish & the best bits from Gel and making something completely new!

Can you use this new CND Shellac Gel over enhancements?

Where is the event? thanks

Last edited:
As you are kind of comparing the shellac to the colour gels, would shellac give the natural nail any additional strength or would you just use this with a manicure like a nail polish?
If it's just like a polish, then it's the thing missing between a colour gel and a polish? Is it?
Hope that made sense :) lol

On like Polish
Wears like Gel
Off in Minutes (really)

There is additional strength from the gel but not as much as a normal enhancement gel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta be honest...I really wish this had come around a year ago, before I invested hundreds into a different gel lacquer... I know CND wait until their product is perfect before they launch it, but that means they are behind other brands. I prefer CND over any other product brand, but with clients asking for things, it gets expensive starting with one and then upgrading! lol

I gotta be honest...I really wish this had come around a year ago, before I invested hundreds into a different gel lacquer... I know CND wait until their product is perfect before they launch it, but that means they are behind other brands.
- Certainly not behind Jessicles - I would say innovative in the sense that this is unique - they havent copied what's already out there... they have created hybrid patented technolody. I understand it's a pain... things are quite different in the US compared to the UK... but try 1 and see whay you think! :hug:

I prefer CND over any other product brand, but with clients asking for things, it gets expensive starting with one and then upgrading! lol
It can be... but I would make your choices on what will seperate you from your competiton and do what you know woill really work for your clients... then you can sit on something until you feel it is really worthwhile doing... ITMS!! :!:

I gotta be honest...I really wish this had come around a year ago, before I invested hundreds into a different gel lacquer... I know CND wait until their product is perfect before they launch it, but that means they are behind other brands. I prefer CND over any other product brand, but with clients asking for things, it gets expensive starting with one and then upgrading! lol

Well CND are not behind anyone ... as there is nothing like this patented product in the industry.

There are a million and one coloured gels out there no different to each other in any real way .. Shellac is not a coloured gel. You will see when you try it and you only need to use one to see it and not make a huge investment. You can get Shellac colours as you want them and you will want them :lol:

Oh, I already know I'll want (and get) all of them! That's the problem lol. I've tried a few different colored gels, and the one I'm currently using is the closest to actual polish I've found. It's pretty good, but has had some major issues. I'm hoping that they are different enough that I can find use for both lines, because I really don't like the idea of about $400 worth of product sitting to waste, ya know?

I don't want to know anything about it, I want to find all that out at The Event. I'm actually disappointed I know what all the hoohaa has been about all ready. It's like some one told me what my Christmas gift was just before I opened it :lol::lol:

I'm with you min, surprise some what spoilt,
i do hope there are some secrets and surprises which will only be revealed at the event :hug:

It sounds great, something to look 4ward to x
I think the fact that it's dry b4 the client leaves is a big selling point as I have a load of smudgers lol
I even belt them in their cars n start the ignition 4 them ;)

so excited my ticket has come!!!!!!!

Im soooo sad!!!!:cry: Im throwing hints out left right & centre for a ticket for my birthday but to no avail!!!!! xxx

Yes.

Re the EVENT look here http://www.salongeek.com/events/102560-event-2010-a.html

or go to Welcome - Sweet Squared and read about it and you can also book your ticket on line as well.

By the way, there are is quite a large contingent coming to the EVENT from Scotland. :hug:

Hi There,

Please feel free to contact ourselves at The Fingertips Centre on 0131 333 3180 and we can fill you in on The Scottish Bus to The Event. We still have 4 spaces left on the bus.

HTH's :hug:

Wow, love it!!! Me thinks I need to save up. x

seriously impressed:)

I'm dying to know what the pricing is going to be like! I use bio at the moment for natural nail overlays...but will probably switch to Shellac as I use CND for everything else.

Latest posts

Back